The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Hardest DLC boss?

#1Deified_DataPosted 2/14/2013 4:07:35 PM
Between Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias, Kalameet, and Manus?
#2zyrax2301Posted 2/14/2013 4:14:57 PM
Probably Kalameet, although I found Manus hell at SL1
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3no_stepPosted 2/14/2013 4:28:10 PM
I'd vote Manus, he took me six or seven tries _with_ co-op on NG+. None of the others gave me problems quite like that.
#4Deified_Data(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:50:13 PM
no_step posted...
I'd vote Manus, he took me six or seven tries _with_ co-op on NG+. None of the others gave me problems quite like that.

Manus is giving me trouble (this is my first playthrough). Can you actually co-op Manus? I haven't seen any summon signs other than Sif's.
#5tlnPosted 2/14/2013 4:58:12 PM
Manus is always the most trouble for me. He has a couple of moves that will one-shot you if you have low VIT.
#6StolzPhoenixPosted 2/14/2013 5:01:31 PM
I'll have to say manus as well. Sanctuary guardian gave me trouble at first then a simple weapon swap killed him quickly.

Artorias was tough at first till I realized his pattern, and I co oped the dragon pretty easily I spent most the fight chasing his tail(which I didn't get)

But manus gave me hell. Not only did he kill me several times but so did BPs who invaded while omw to him. Finally I went to the Oolicile village bonfire where I noticed a lot of ppl put down there summon signs and led them to him via the elevator shortcut.
#7Deified_Data(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:42:34 PM
I can't even imagine solo'ing Kalameet. So far he's the only boss I encountered where I knew I was going to need some help.
#8VidmorPosted 2/14/2013 7:02:26 PM
Kalameet was a little underwhelming. For all the hype present about him, you'd think it would be a truly terrifying fight, but his attacks are terribly telegraphed. Manus always gets me with his deceptive range and the occasional dark magic spam.
#9no_stepPosted 2/14/2013 10:00:47 PM
Deified_Data posted...

Manus is giving me trouble (this is my first playthrough). Can you actually co-op Manus? I haven't seen any summon signs other than Sif's.

Yeah. Usual place for summon signs is the Oolacile Township bonfire, as StolzPhoenix mentioned. Tends to help if you have the shortcuts open, since you really, really want to have a full Estus flask by the time you get down there. And you're all but guaranteed to get invaded at least once.

Also, one thing I didn't know the first time was that I could have two summoned phantoms _and_ Sif in that fight. The fact they let you do this fight 4-on-1 kinda says something.
#10BahamutZero92Posted 2/14/2013 11:04:24 PM
Vidmor posted...
Kalameet was a little underwhelming. For all the hype present about him, you'd think it would be a truly terrifying fight, but his attacks are terribly telegraphed. Manus always gets me with his deceptive range and the occasional dark magic spam.

The silver pendant takes the sting out of his dark attacks barring the dark rain (it just clumps up and falls on you anyways) so that part isn't too bad.
---
B/W Nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/57763606
"Are Vintage Brainsluts valuable? - The_Tripwire, on TF2 hats.