Hardest DLC boss?

#21St0ve1Posted 2/15/2013 11:29:27 AM
The entire dlc is a joke for tanks, but for dex charecters, I give it to manus
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#22ultimatedantePosted 2/15/2013 1:35:17 PM
Kalameet is easy even on NG+ and NG++ if go for kill but it is hard if you want tail so Manus wins
---
"Though I encourage to Battle a being of such grand delusion as you is a sweet fortune"
"This party is getting crazy"
#23jackstar_rockPosted 2/15/2013 1:54:37 PM
Kalameet is hard for first timers. By the time you Youtube the strategy and have memorized its attack patterns it is actually pretty easy since you don't need super reflexes to roll. The trick to cutting off its tail is to maintain mid~range distance so as to trigger a higher chance for its glide attack. The next thing to note is to roll to its opposite side at its back after it has landed, and that will trigger its tail smash attack 80% of the time.

I honestly think that Seathe's tail was harder to nail. =/

Manus on the other hand...you must learn how to deal with its 3 dark spells and even then the hardest to deal with is its Dark Bead spell. It has fast startup and can't be blocked.

Manus gets my vote, but if you've spent a few hours practicing against them, both are manageable.

I love them all though - especially considering how only few bosses in the original Drk provided the adrenaline rush of fighting Maneaters, Penetrator and Flamelurker. Shame there's nothing quite like Storm King in Drk.
#24GreenKnight127Posted 2/15/2013 2:11:33 PM
Solo??? All of them.

Especially if you are trying to go for tail weapons.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#25ZemurysPosted 2/17/2013 1:36:34 AM
black_rath posted...
Manus and Twin Sanctuary Guardian.

Wait... There are 2 of them?! I recall killing only 1... o.O
#26XIIIFinalPosted 2/17/2013 3:27:26 AM
Zemurys posted...
black_rath posted...

After beating the 1 solo boss and teleporting back to the bonfire at the beginning will make 2 of them spawn as a regular enemy in that area.
---
XBL ; Bakunetsu Break.
PSN ; OdinExEterna
#27GixenPosted 2/17/2013 3:32:26 AM
XIIIFinal posted...
Zemurys posted...
black_rath posted...

After beating the 1 solo boss and teleporting back to the bonfire at the beginning will make 2 of them spawn as a regular enemy in that area.

I believe you have to kill Artorias to make them spawn.
Funny thing, the "regular enemies" are WAY harder than the boss....
#28ZemurysPosted 2/17/2013 10:28:09 AM
*death wail* DX
#29tlnPosted 2/17/2013 10:32:43 AM(edited)
I played co-op against Manus yesterday and got killed in a single combo from his rage attack even though I had 1749 HP. Can you even escape that once the first hit connects? It's not like I can toggle escape while I'm flying up and down in the air.
#30freakofnature30Posted 2/17/2013 10:43:29 AM
I had no problem with Manus.

Artorias actually gave me the most trouble.
---
"In a trail of fire I know we will be free again..."
PSN: freakofnature300