The Golem Axe does NOT get enough credit.

#1Walkman_005Posted 2/14/2013 6:13:45 PM
I just discovered this weapon today although I've been playing since day 1.

Never heard anyone mention it.

It is incredibly fast for a strength weapon. The heavy attack is excellent for long range something I lacked as a str build.

The damage is actually very good considering the C scaling.

Also a ton of fun to wear the iron golem set with it. Haha.

But seriously give it a go.
#2tlnPosted 2/14/2013 6:18:35 PM
I've seen a few people use it, but it just weighs too much for my taste.
#3GotRadsPosted 2/14/2013 6:20:32 PM
The damage is actually garbage for such a slow weapon. Barely does more than a 40 dex katana, and is wayyy weaker than other STR weapons.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelegendaryp
#4AtrabiliousPosted 2/14/2013 6:33:14 PM(edited)
Best r2 special in the game IMO. Next to the MLGS anyway.

The rest of the weapon is pretty naff though. I used it extensively a long time ago and wasn't particularly pleased with it outside of novelty value. Shame the r2 isn't on a better weapon.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#5ThisAwesomeGuyPosted 2/14/2013 7:05:18 PM
Atrabilious posted...
Best r2 special in the game IMO. Next to the MLGS anyway.

The rest of the weapon is pretty naff though. I used it extensively a long time ago and wasn't particularly pleased with it outside of novelty value. Shame the r2 isn't on a better weapon.

I'll 2nd this.

You may be buzzing because of the R2 attack. Although quite unique, the axe gets demolished in comparison to other weapons and even other axes.

Pros: DAT R2
Cons: weight (14 I believe, butcher knife is 10 with similar moveset)
Attack rating (400s, for 2 extra weight you get 600AR from a BKGA)
Reach (less reach then many other axes excl. Hand and battle)
---
Currently Lurking: borderlands 2 and Dark souls boards.
#6W_S_BurroughsPosted 2/14/2013 7:08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYsQvMo2iM
---
smash the control images, smash the control machine.
#7Cvdf3Posted 2/14/2013 9:46:52 PM
I used it a lot on my Str build; really grew on me. Plus both of the r2s are fun.
It really isn't very good though.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#8cody316Posted 2/14/2013 9:52:56 PM
The main time I used it was on my Iron Golem RP.

Now I'm the kind of person who thinks this weapons is freaking awesome, and I've made more than a couple topics on the subject........to generally the same result.

On the one hand, the r2 is hilarious. If it weighed less than 10 units (or weighed 10 units), I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. On the other hand, there's a reason I scarcely use it outside of my Iron Golem RP.

To grab a line out of one of said topics, "If you're willing to resign yourself to mid-roll, it's pretty good."
I may be great at writing up builds with specific weight, poise, and defense values aimed at but this axe makes fast rolling a chore to set up.

The wind blade isn't the entirety of the weapon, it's just the highlight. And this is coming from someone who has defended that axe almost since day one.
---
Current Dark Souls Build: Grave/Dex http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=270625079504875381
PSN: wdh316-=-=-=-=-=-Join the Cult of Cody's Hat Today!
#9LegoTechnicPosted 2/14/2013 10:39:06 PM
Buy the Iron Golem armor set.

Make the Iron Golem Axe.

Invade Sen's Fortress.

Find a nice choke point near a bridge or something.

Walk (don't run, as the boss only walks) towards your opponent using the R2 attack as needed. Its range is a lot further than you'd think.

Fun stuff. ;-]
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#10Cvdf3Posted 2/14/2013 10:44:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]