The Golem Axe does NOT get enough credit.

#11Walkman_005(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:26:33 AM
Okay okay, so it isn't that powerful.

HOWEVER it gets an extra 100 for critical attacks. I did 800+ damage for a parry at level 65. Which is pretty good I'd say.

And I'll have to try the slow walking out. Does iron flesh prevent backstabs in PVP?
#12Cvdf3Posted 2/15/2013 7:06:12 AM
Walkman_005 posted...

HOWEVER it gets an extra 100 for critical attacks. I did 800+ damage for a parry at level 65. Which is pretty good I'd say.

And I'll have to try the slow walking out. Does iron flesh prevent backstabs in PVP?

no, but it gives you infinite poise and attacks will bounce off of you. Granted you are basically bs bait so you need to be careful when using it.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#13shadowsofdawnPosted 2/15/2013 7:48:52 AM
<3 the Golem Axe, I randomly figured out how to craft it from a greataxe +10 on my first blind playthrough and it served me quite well. But its too heavy, doesn't consistently stunlock, at least the projectile is is pretty good and only eats up a small amount of durability.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#14moodyjm2Posted 2/15/2013 7:59:32 AM
It doesn't get enought credit because it has terrible tradeoffs for it's req's and weight. It's more of a ranged weapon than anything.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#15shadowsofdawnPosted 2/15/2013 8:18:23 AM
Walkman_005 posted...

It has a normal ciritical value of 100, almost all weapons have this. 800 for a parry is not that great; a great club +15 Can hit for 1200+ without the hornets ring.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#16acangialPosted 2/15/2013 8:46:24 AM
On my current STR build I didn't see much use for it. I winded up getting my Dex to 18 because with the exception of Serpent Sword all Str weapons are too slow. DKGA and especially the DK Halberd are wicked fast and deadly for Str/Quality weapons, but they do require 18 Dex.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#17Walkman_005(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:06:27 AM
Well I don't get the hate.

The Axe is working wonders for me in pvp. Low level at least, won't be as effective later on of course.