Need tips on beating Smough first

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Need tips on beating Smough first

User Info: HiYa_Bio

HiYa_Bio
3 years ago#1
Str-32
Dex-26
Lv92

I'm on NG+ and I need to kill the fatty first to get the other guy's soul, I don't want to coop because people tends to go for the other guy first and if we screw this game up it's going to be even more difficult in NG++. I'm currently using Black Knight Greatsword+5 and I do about 300dmg per hit on the fatty but since I need to look out for 2 people this sword is very unreliable because it is way to slow and I need to dodge a lot. So with my Str and Dex, what is the best weapon to kill Smough first? Does he have any weakness to certain type of weapons/elements? I'm a pyro and I have toxic mist does that help?
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)

User Info: Shadowruler

Shadowruler
3 years ago#2
Pyro: Great fireball/fire orb. Poison mist will be useless in this fight. Make sure to fully ascend your pyro flame for best results. It only takes about 350k souls. Pyro makes a joke out of O&S.

EDIT: Also, make a Quelaag Furysword. They are weak to fire if you hadn't guessed by now. In NG, you can literally kill either one in 4 or 5 fireballs. In NG+ it will take a little more. You probably will not be able to kill them JUST with pyro. But it should take a large chunk of their health.
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo

User Info: HiYa_Bio

HiYa_Bio
3 years ago#3
Weak to fire? Cool, I already have ascended pyro but no +s, and I got every fire spell you can buy from the women who ascended your flame and from covenant. But I still don't have the 'get all pyromancy trophy', what am i missing?
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)

User Info: Shadowruler

Shadowruler
3 years ago#4
There are 4 different people you can get pyro spells from, in addition to spells you have to find in the game world. Check the wiki for what you're missing.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/pyromancies
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo

User Info: ZoosIVXX

ZoosIVXX
3 years ago#5
Pretty sure you need to upgrade the flame glove all the way to get the trophy
PSN:ZoosIVXX
"Widdly scuds"

User Info: OSSG712

OSSG712
3 years ago#6
Did you get it done? I have a dude in your SL range if you need help. Send me a message... PSN is stnapknah
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Need tips on beating Smough first

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived