Need tips on beating Smough first

#1HiYa_BioPosted 2/14/2013 8:50:05 PM
Str-32
Dex-26
Lv92

I'm on NG+ and I need to kill the fatty first to get the other guy's soul, I don't want to coop because people tends to go for the other guy first and if we screw this game up it's going to be even more difficult in NG++. I'm currently using Black Knight Greatsword+5 and I do about 300dmg per hit on the fatty but since I need to look out for 2 people this sword is very unreliable because it is way to slow and I need to dodge a lot. So with my Str and Dex, what is the best weapon to kill Smough first? Does he have any weakness to certain type of weapons/elements? I'm a pyro and I have toxic mist does that help?
---
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)
#2ShadowrulerPosted 2/14/2013 8:58:40 PM(edited)
Pyro: Great fireball/fire orb. Poison mist will be useless in this fight. Make sure to fully ascend your pyro flame for best results. It only takes about 350k souls. Pyro makes a joke out of O&S.

EDIT: Also, make a Quelaag Furysword. They are weak to fire if you hadn't guessed by now. In NG, you can literally kill either one in 4 or 5 fireballs. In NG+ it will take a little more. You probably will not be able to kill them JUST with pyro. But it should take a large chunk of their health.
---
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo
#3HiYa_Bio(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:08:10 PM
Weak to fire? Cool, I already have ascended pyro but no +s, and I got every fire spell you can buy from the women who ascended your flame and from covenant. But I still don't have the 'get all pyromancy trophy', what am i missing?
---
"If you want everything you end up with nothing." -Lulu(FFX)
#4ShadowrulerPosted 2/14/2013 9:12:47 PM
There are 4 different people you can get pyro spells from, in addition to spells you have to find in the game world. Check the wiki for what you're missing.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/pyromancies
---
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo
#5ZoosIVXXPosted 2/14/2013 9:13:22 PM
Pretty sure you need to upgrade the flame glove all the way to get the trophy
---
PSN:ZoosIVXX
"Widdly scuds"
#6OSSG712Posted 2/14/2013 9:35:44 PM
Did you get it done? I have a dude in your SL range if you need help. Send me a message... PSN is stnapknah