So what do you think will be the enemy in Dark Souls 2?

#1xXxHaVeNPosted 2/15/2013 12:31:15 AM
Obviously this game as a bit of a grey feel to the story, in that you are not sure who is evil and who is good, but I feel as if in Dark Souls 2 they are going to create a story that feels much more like "good vs evil". Look at the DLC. Stopping the spread of The Abyss is your goal. It is portrayed as a threat. An enemy that has to be stopped. I think they will continue this theme in Dark Souls 2 and we will see a much more advanced form of The Abyss some years into the future. Judging from the trailer they are going to make the story seem more epic. Perhaps having the fate of Lordran's survival on your shoulders.

What do you think?
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#2DetsuaxhePosted 2/15/2013 1:29:07 AM
Considering the tone of the trailer and the nature of the age of fire, I'd say it's more likely that we'll see a post-apocalyptic world set in the age of darkness, exploring ruins and dealing with the remaining undead. Possibly we'll see a return of the dragons, hinting at a cyclical universe.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#3xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:33:28 AM
Cyclic universe would be really, really cool. Interesting idea.
---
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#4d3dsightPosted 2/15/2013 6:36:02 AM
Question...does the whole "age of fire/darkness" thing affect the realms outside of Lordran? Like Carim, Zena, etc. Is it even really mentioned?

The new director has already said it doesn't take place in Lordran.
#5xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:27:40 AM
d3dsight posted...
Question...does the whole "age of fire/darkness" thing affect the realms outside of Lordran? Like Carim, Zena, etc. Is it even really mentioned?

The new director has already said it doesn't take place in Lordran.

Well, it would eventually. The spread of The Abyss cannot be stopped as far as we know. Also, there are undead in the other countries. So I guess the answer is yes.
---
#6TarvosioPosted 2/15/2013 9:38:44 AM
My hunch is that Souls 2 will be set primarily in Astora, so, while not the big bad, I'd like to see the evil eye as a boss. Likewise, I tend to think of the ending that unlocks the hidden trophy is the "cannon" resolution to the plot and sets up the villain for 2.

That said, I want to kill primordial serpents.