ring of fog question

#1astratakusPosted 2/17/2013 12:17:06 AM
so like how does that work when being invaded or invading. can they see you? i usually see the health bar before i see the character, so is it even beneficial?

I was using it recently when i got invaded and the dude was standing in front of me for a while, i dont know if he was waiting for a bow or he just couldn't see me. i did bow eventually and he looked startled befor he bowed back. so whats the deal?
---
*ASTRATAKUS*
#2ThisAwesomeGuyPosted 2/17/2013 12:30:59 AM
You're invisible to them at a distance or when standing still. When you move its easier for them to see you. I suggest only approaching your target from the back with the ring on.
---
Currently Lurking: borderlands 2 and Dark souls boards.
#3ThisAwesomeGuyPosted 2/17/2013 12:33:54 AM
Depends also on your environment. Say if you're in the forest and wearing dark coloured armour with the ring on, you'll be very hard to spot even while moving at distance.
---
Currently Lurking: borderlands 2 and Dark souls boards.
#4GixenPosted 2/17/2013 3:08:01 AM
The homing soulmass doesn´t work on fog ring wearers i figured out yesterday....or if it was the Hidden Body spell....
Never tried it so i don´t know if you´re even more transparent than with the ring.
#5TwistedSensesPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:02 AM(edited)
Gixen posted...
The homing soulmass doesn´t work on fog ring wearers i figured out yesterday....or if it was the Hidden Body spell....
Never tried it so i don´t know if you´re even more transparent than with the ring.

Homing Soulmass, Crystal and Pursuers all work on Fog Ring users; however, their 'targeting/activation' is much more delayed and can work to one's benefit or demise depending on the scenario. Because the ring reduces lock on range, the homing spells require one to be up close for a bit of time before firing.

Hidden Body is completely immune to Pursuers, but I'm not certain about the other two homing spells.

Fog Ring reduces maximum lock-on range. And it does help to obscure a view of a phantom/dark spirit, but only at a distance and lacking an aura.

It also has a few, funny little effects on particular equips. So far, the Dark Hand equipped in the left hand goes totally invisible, and Thorn Leggings also go nearly entirely invisible, making your character look like he/she's just floating around.
---
Deadpool/Hawkeye/Strider Hiryu all day | Yoshimitsu/Raven | Goh'ing to hell since like...a few months ago.
#6Kyuubi4269Posted 2/17/2013 8:40:03 AM
Pyro also goes invisible, I'd imagine hidden weapon and fist weapons work a treat.
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders