just beat the game for the first time last night....

#1oakview80Posted 2/21/2013 7:35:03 AM
This game is a masterpiece! I honestly didn't want it to end. I got the dlc right before I beat gwynn just so I could enjoy it more. This is one of the best games I ever played, and it ruined a lot of other games for me lol. Can't wait to start ng+

Btw how is ng+?
#2R1masherPosted 2/21/2013 7:38:01 AM
GG
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#3TILlegion777Posted 2/21/2013 7:38:56 AM
The enemies are roughly twice as strong, but you also have all your gear. And you know how the entire game works now, so few things will take you be surprise any longer, which is where a lot of the initial difficulty came from. NG+ is really mostly useful for just picking up missed items and pumping up your character enough to try everything. If you'd like more out of the game, I'd recommend creating new characters to try challenge runs with. E.g. doing the entire game at level one, or with only the starting gear, stuff like that.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#4oakview80(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 7:59:23 AM
TILlegion777 posted...
The enemies are roughly twice as strong, but you also have all your gear. And you know how the entire game works now, so few things will take you be surprise any longer, which is where a lot of the initial difficulty came from. NG+ is really mostly useful for just picking up missed items and pumping up your character enough to try everything. If you'd like more out of the game, I'd recommend creating new characters to try challenge runs with. E.g. doing the entire game at level one, or with only the starting gear, stuff like that.

Ok, thanks. I plan on making a faith, dex build next. I can't get enough of this game.
#5brumeyPosted 2/21/2013 8:00:24 AM
NG+ is where the true dark souls is about to begin!
#6oakview80(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:14:07 AM
brumey posted...
NG+ is where the true dark souls is about to begin!

Awesome! Can't wait.
#7Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/21/2013 9:06:13 AM
The discovery of everything was brilliant in the first playthrough.

NG+ is where the game really shines. The enemies become a fright again thanks to the increased damages especially bosses. The online is rampant and you should stay in human form all the time just to increase invasions and what not. The covenants each can be played for dozens of hours. I recommend just joining the Forest Covenant and hanging out doing co-op for hours on end. Great time to try different weapons and set ups.
#8oakview80(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:13:34 AM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
The discovery of everything was brilliant in the first playthrough.

NG+ is where the game really shines. The enemies become a fright again thanks to the increased damages especially bosses. The online is rampant and you should stay in human form all the time just to increase invasions and what not. The covenants each can be played for dozens of hours. I recommend just joining the Forest Covenant and hanging out doing co-op for hours on end. Great time to try different weapons and set ups.

I plan on being human more, and I'm gonna definitely join the forest cov again. I can't wait to play tonight haha. This game is amazing....
#9LegoTechnicPosted 2/21/2013 9:41:19 AM
The best part about NG+ is that now you can be gravelorded. That doesn't seem to happen to players on their first cycle, bar very rare instances.

The first time it happens to you is always the best time.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#10oakview80(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:00:39 AM
LegoTechnic posted...
The best part about NG+ is that now you can be gravelorded. That doesn't seem to happen to players on their first cycle, bar very rare instances.

The first time it happens to you is always the best time.

What happens when I get gravelorded?