Did anyone else take multiple playthroughs to beat the game?

#1LeSituasianPosted 2/21/2013 8:18:12 AM
I'm on my fourth character now about 10 hours in, with about 60 combined hours on the other 3... The furthest i've gotten has been anor londo
---
hey there
PSN - InfiniteChronos (feel free to add me)
#2dozingdevilPosted 2/21/2013 8:20:54 AM
don't even get me started on how many times I restarted a file before I finished it the first time.

Even now, after as much time as I have put in to it, I've only beaten Gwyn a stark few amount of times.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#3shadowsofdawnPosted 2/21/2013 8:29:37 AM
Not in Dark Souls, but I made about 6 different character in Demon's Souls before I finally found one that clicked and beat the whole game with him. Ended up using a FTH character with Istarelle.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#4TILlegion777Posted 2/21/2013 8:37:25 AM
I rage-quit on Orns and Smo the first time, even coming from Demon's. Was playing foolishly. So yeah, took me two characters for my first go. Even now, I end up getting to the Lords Souls and quitting pretty often, because I want to try something different.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#5dudizPosted 2/21/2013 8:58:22 AM
I tend to stay with 1 character in any game like this. Currenly SL 59, 65 hours in on my first playthrough. I still have Nito, BoC and the DLC to finish. I will take this character through NG+ and pick up Demon's souls instead to start a new character, never played it before!

I get really attached to my first character, so I would only start again if I manage to nerf them severely.
---
XBL dud1z - PSN duudiz
Currently playing Dark Souls
#6professorofliesPosted 2/21/2013 9:02:14 AM
not with Dark Souls, but it took a few tries with Demons Souls.
Was at Allant with my first character and went on a rage induced killing spree back at the nexus. Thats when I found out that NPCs stay dead. Poor Thomas...

PS: 60 hours? thats it? I gotta be pushing 600 hours at this point.
#7genesis_loverPosted 2/21/2013 9:19:46 AM
kept the same 1 char for both demons and dark souls

eventually you wil make other characters for other play styles, unless youw ant to invest a lot of time to do everythign with one char

in demon's souls, i had a female royal, so i could do all magic, then upped str to use all the weapons i wanted. pvp was iffy sometimes, but pve was a beast. got into ng+++ before finally stopping w/ that char and build a new one

dark souls my main char is a proy, leveled in the 150s somewhere, build on str and int/dex to use all the pyro stuff with the big heavy weapons i like. works awesome for pve, but i get toasted in pvp.

my other char i made a faith one for the lightning spear miracles and another that is int based, but never got past anor lando with either, as they were more just to coop for fun than anything.

the bb glitch made it easy to make new build types with chars just to play with them.
#8HolyGravePosted 2/21/2013 9:49:26 AM
dozingdevil posted...
don't even get me started on how many times I restarted a file before I finished it the first time.

---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
August burns red and the ghost inside <3
#9RyoKaibaPosted 2/21/2013 11:32:13 AM
Back in the day when the game was super hard and everything, before people understood dupe glitches and the game was broken to all hell? Sure, I made 3 dud characters before settling on a final good character that I beat the game with.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV