Just started this game...

#1NovaZero1Posted 2/22/2013 9:58:54 AM
I must say that I'm really, really digging this. Not sure how the game progresses, but the beginning reminds me of The Legend Of Zelda (NES). I have a sword, I don't know where to go, I kinda don't know what's going on. And there is essentially no map to follow and you will be punished if you loose focus, it is hard indeed.

I already love this game actually. A question though, how long is the game?
#2Deified_DataPosted 2/22/2013 10:04:03 AM
My first playthrough took me about 80 hours, though admittedly a lot of that time was spent idly waiting for co-op and invasions.
#3d3dsightPosted 2/22/2013 10:15:24 AM
Probably about 60-80 hours for a blind playthru.
#4aneed4peedPosted 2/22/2013 10:17:51 AM
Anywhere from 60-80 hours for a first playthrough.

Glad you're liking it. Try Demon's Souls once you're finished, that's where the series originated.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#5RyoKaibaPosted 2/22/2013 12:04:40 PM
20-30 hours for a blind play-through, though that's if you pick up on things quickly as you go. Otherwise it might take a bit longer.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#6DreamAxerPosted 2/22/2013 12:10:43 PM
We have google for things like this. GOOGLE.
#7TILlegion777Posted 2/22/2013 12:16:37 PM
It can change a whole lot based off whether you use a guide, how quickly you adapt, rough skill level, etc.

Mine took me ~120 but I spent a lot of time exploring every nook and cranny I could guide-less. If you go through normally it will be less, if you use a guide even fewer. Of course, the game also has a lot of replay value. Both in challenge runs, and in multiplayer. I've sunk well over 2000 hours, lord knows how much exactly.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#8Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/22/2013 12:19:09 PM
Comparing to Zelda 1 on NES is near perfect. Wait until you starting going underground into some of those dungeons. Also the forest in this game hides many a monsters as well and is just as easy to get lost in the first time you visit. The exact same feeling as you beat bosses too.
#9Artof_WarPosted 2/22/2013 12:39:10 PM
TILlegion777 posted...
It can change a whole lot based off whether you use a guide, how quickly you adapt, rough skill level, etc.

Mine took me ~120 but I spent a lot of time exploring every nook and cranny I could guide-less. If you go through normally it will be less, if you use a guide even fewer. Of course, the game also has a lot of replay value. Both in challenge runs, and in multiplayer. I've sunk well over 2000 hours, lord knows how much exactly.

Wow, that means you've sunk 83 DAYS into this game!? And I thought playing Skyrim for 120+ hours was a lot. Of course when you total up all the games I played in 2012 it's probably close to 1000 hours. Some people play a lot of one, which is awesome.
---
PSN: Artof_War
#10dozingdevilPosted 2/22/2013 12:43:52 PM
Artof_War posted...
TILlegion777 posted...

Wow, that means you've sunk 83 DAYS into this game!? And I thought playing Skyrim for 120+ hours was a lot. Of course when you total up all the games I played in 2012 it's probably close to 1000 hours. Some people play a lot of one, which is awesome.

I think people are often more surprised when hearing that kind of playtime on Dark Souls because it is primarily an RPG. If you heard that kind of play time on a competitive fighter, at a competitive level, I don't think anyone would be shocked. Personally I'd be like "is that all?"
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon