Going to fight Manus, which weapon should I bring?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Going to fight Manus, which weapon should I bring?
2 years ago#1
I'm just coming back to the game, haven't played it in a year, so I've forgotten a lot of stuff. Just got the DLC too, and going through that for the first time.

I'm on NG++ with a Faith build. Vitality and Faith at 55. Endurance at 41. Strength, Dexterity 16. So which weapon would be best to bring? Here's what I have available:

Occult Scythe +5
Divine Lucerne +10
Great Scythe +15 (with SB and DMB)
Fire Uchigatana +10
Lightning Uchigatana +10

Also, I'm currently using DWGR and Havel's Ring. Considering swapping out DWGR for the Cloranthy Ring. Or is there a better ring to take with me?
2 years ago#2
Lightning uchi +10 eh?
---
You were indicted
2 years ago#3
Elemental weapons don't seem to work too well against him namely magic weapons.
2 years ago#4
Lodiss posted...
Lightning uchi +10 eh?

I have it, for just in case, but I don't really use it. I mainly use the Occult Scythe and an Occult Longbow.

Edit - Oh, I see. Lightning only goes to +5. Well, I did say that I forgot some things. :)
2 years ago#5
I beat him with a Raw +5 Scythe. Keep rolling keep moving. Good luck getting a summon. I couldn't find anyone near the firelink nor at the boss gate.

poot 1 nanny GT. I will be on shortly level 94
2 years ago#6
+10 lightning weapons do not exist btw they max out at +5
2 years ago#7
djred24 posted...

poot 1 nanny GT. I will be on shortly level 94

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not going to be on for a few more hours. And I'm at level 138, so that's probably out of range anyway.
2 years ago#8
Whatever does the highest physical damage. Use the GS +15 with power within (if you have it).
2 years ago#9
I do have it. But I only have a base Pyro Glove, does that matter?
2 years ago#10
Power Within used to be best with an unupgraded flame. Now it was fixed so that leveling up the flame doesn't eat more HP, so the refine rate doesn't matter.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Going to fight Manus, which weapon should I bring?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived