Do People Honestly Enjoy This?

#81Qwesar23464Posted 2/27/2013 9:05:54 PM
DuneMan posted...
You're on the Dark Souls board, where you purposely state that the game is 'trash'. That is trolling, pure and simple. Back in the day the Gamefaqs example was something like 'going onto the Pokemon board and saying Pokemon sucks'. Then you compare Dark Souls fans to 'filthy' children that live at home and spend their parent's money. It's a textbook example.

I'm done here. *shrug*

I wish the DmC board held to that standard. Place is a damn war zone.

Ad just so the TC is aware and he gets "better results" for his next outing, mods will pretty much ignore everything but a direct insult, no matter how mild the direct insult is. So don't use direct insults.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#82The moonlight knightPosted 2/27/2013 9:09:40 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
And Moonlight Knight, I'd hardly consider these rules "lax" as I was moderated for calling him an idiot.

Probably because you have an extensive history of trolling so the mods cut you less slack.

Just a guess, sluggo.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#83DuneManPosted 2/27/2013 9:13:09 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Trolling is something you're aware I'd doing. You can't believe something, say it, and be a troll. It's called having an opinion.
Trolling is intentionally saying something to anger people.

You're attempting an argument of semantics that simply is not true.

A troll would say something like, "This game is trash and its fans are filthy children." That's pretty much what you said, split over two posts.

Someone with a genuine dislike for the game, paired with respect for others, would say something like, "This was totally not the game I hoped it would be. It felt like the game just dumped me in the middle of nowhere without any sense of direction. I found restarting at the bonfire with all enemies respawned rather frustrating. The skeletons in the graveyard just seem too damned hard, what gives? I think I'm ready to move on to another game like DmC for a while."

I hope you can see the huge difference between those examples.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#84Mr_Bankercat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:16:58 PM
DuneMan posted...
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Trolling is something you're aware I'd doing. You can't believe something, say it, and be a troll. It's called having an opinion.
Trolling is intentionally saying something to anger people.

You're attempting an argument of semantics that simply is not true.

A troll would say something like, "This game is trash and its fans are filthy children." That's pretty much what you said, split over two posts.

Someone with a genuine dislike for the game, paired with respect for others, would say something like, "This was totally not the game I hoped it would be. It felt like the game just dumped me in the middle of nowhere without any sense of direction. I found restarting at the bonfire with all enemies respawned rather frustrating. The skeletons in the graveyard just seem too damned hard, what gives? I think I'm ready to move on to another game like DmC for a while."

I hope you can see the huge difference between those examples.

Regardless of whether or not you have respect for others, if you have a genuinely dislike for the game and you speak about it, it simply can't be trolling. People can get mad, sure. But trolling is, as I said, intentionally getting people mad.
#85OrangeSchweesePosted 2/27/2013 9:19:23 PM
Qwesar23464 posted...
the DmC board

Definitely a sign of the End Times.
#86R1masherPosted 2/27/2013 9:19:24 PM
And that's why he should be reported instead of fed, weak ass trolls ruining this sanctuary for us.
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#87psnSHAHSHANKPosted 2/27/2013 9:25:24 PM
I am trying with my HD potato ready to record
---
shahshank at your service. Sticky requested. Thanks.
[Msg deleted at the request of the original poster]
#88R1masherPosted 2/27/2013 9:27:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#89SnizlitoPosted 2/27/2013 9:27:51 PM
I don't enjoy this game at all. Why am I even posting?
I guess I like asking asinine questions.
ZING
---
PSN-SOMD_LOVE
#90DuneManPosted 2/27/2013 9:28:58 PM
Okay, you seemingly don't understand that incendiary rhetoric can in fact be classified as trolling. There is no valid semantic argument about whether you genuinely believe in your incendiary rhetoric, or claim that it wasn't intentionally meant to provoke others.

So at this point perhaps you're just trying for attention?
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao