How do I beat this giant water snake thing?

#1shadowsofdawnPosted 2/27/2013 9:51:10 AM
Just got to a forest with a bunch of blue crystal things and this giant water snake keeps killing me with projectiles. This is bull!

I heard this game was cheap and full of artificial difficulty and I think they were right!
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#2ZenonDMAPosted 2/27/2013 9:52:45 AM
you just don't have it.
---
PSN: westcurry
DkS's only PvPer
#3R1masherPosted 2/27/2013 9:55:19 AM
There's a drop off in the water, swim under it and hit its balls, it will double over, that's when you swim up its anus...
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#4YuenkuPosted 2/27/2013 9:56:07 AM
RUN.

No seriously, just run straight to the shallow water next to it. Throw some zig-zags in your step if you think those water bullets will hit you.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#5replicax77Posted 2/27/2013 10:02:00 AM
Buy the saddle from the undead merchant and toss that on it's back. Suddenly you have the most limited mount in the history of video games.
---
I'm casual.
#6akechi419Posted 2/27/2013 10:06:14 AM
R1masher posted...
There's a drop off in the water, swim under it and hit its balls, it will double over, that's when you swim up its anus...

He forgot to mention to hit the blue one on the left 1st then the one on the right.
---
PSN ID: Arkangel419
#7Arc166Posted 2/27/2013 10:10:32 AM
Stand in the shallows. Guard. Hit it.

It looks imposing, but is probably the least threatening 'boss' like enemy in the game.
#8shadowsofdawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:11:43 AM
Yuenku posted...
RUN.

No seriously, just run straight to the shallow water next to it. Throw some zig-zags in your step if you think those water bullets will hit you.

Arc166 posted...
Stand in the shallows. Guard. Hit it.

It looks imposing, but is probably the least threatening 'boss' like enemy in the game.

Shame on both of you. Trying to troll me.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9DagorhaPosted 2/27/2013 10:27:32 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Just got to a forest with a bunch of blue crystal things and this giant water snake keeps killing me with projectiles. This is bull!

I heard this game was cheap and full of artificial difficulty and I think they were right!

You don't know what artificial difficulty is if you think this is it.

Anyway, keep your shield up and slowly eliminate the golems. Better yet. Wait for the Hydra to shoot it's water jets and have it kill the golems for you.

After those are done walk up to the water's edge but don't go too far off. Keep your shield up and goad the hydra into attacking. Then just hack off it's heads. Alternatively shoot it with a bow or alternatively alternatively, skip the area since its completely optional anyway and come back when you are stronger.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#10HeavensEndPosted 2/27/2013 10:43:36 AM(edited)
All of you are noobs. this is what you must do. she's pissed off atm because she's been separated from her other half in ash lake. She'll spit projectiles at you first. You gotta get close enough to talk to her. Then she'll tell you that while her and hubby were swimming and playing hide and seek, she went too far and ended up in darkroot and now she can't find her way back. You'll then get a side story to reunite them. So you must travel to the great hollow via blighttown and get to ash lake. The husband will be the same way spitting projectiles at you and he thinks his wife is dead. You gotta tell him she's waiting in darkroom and give him directions. When all that's done you need to go to darkroot and a cutscene of them will play and you'll get a Kusanagi Sword and a dragon scale slab to upgrade it.

You're welcome TC.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
A gamer is just that, regardless of gender