Havent played in...a year. worth it to get DLC?

#1MWXIIIPosted 2/27/2013 10:49:32 AM
sup guys. I havent played in forever and ive got the craving. didnt download the expansion... is it worth it? also, whats some good pvp builds these days? I have 4 characters but I dont even remember what they are and I just want to start fresh. Sorry to be annoying and thanks
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#2DagorhaPosted 2/27/2013 11:01:14 AM(edited)
MWXIII posted...
sup guys. I havent played in forever and ive got the craving. didnt download the expansion... is it worth it? also, whats some good pvp builds these days? I have 4 characters but I dont even remember what they are and I just want to start fresh. Sorry to be annoying and thanks

100X yes!

The best pvp build is generally going to be a Dex/Pyro Build. Pure Intelligence Casting builds have gotten an incredible jump in power too due to the new spells in the DLC as well.

Dex Pyro builds usually go up to 45 Dex for fast casting speed, 40 Vit and End, 16 - 23 Attunement slots and everything else remaining relatively stable.

Some pour extra points into their Str for a Quality/Pyro build. Other pour it into Vitality to gouge it as much as they can.

Usual armor and ring choices are RoFP, Bellowing Dragon Crest, Crown of Dusk and any sort of armor to raise their Poise.

Weapons have a lot of variety especially if you go with a quality build but the dex weapons are usually: Balder Side Sword, Silver Knight Spear, Most Katanas.

Equip a decent shield like Grass Cress or Eagle and you're good to go.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:08:57 AM
verrry interesting... My first character was a dex built hes level 345 (worthless, but at the time I didnt know everyone was stopping at 120). I didnt even know there were new spells... I always used the BKGA and Washing Pole. Strangely, I never used any katana besides the washing pole. So starting off pyro and bumping dex eh? I might give this a whirl right now. I hit up Bioshock yesterday since I never actually beat it and the new ones is coming out, but this dark souls hankering wont go away lol
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#4Mr_BankercatPosted 2/27/2013 11:14:57 AM
I bought the DLC but I haven't finished it. I've heard it's short, but it may be worth it for the new weapons, armory etc.
Especially if it's still on sale.
#5CompletelySilenPosted 2/27/2013 11:16:39 AM
Negative
---
No day but today!
#6DagorhaPosted 2/27/2013 11:23:26 AM
MWXIII posted...
verrry interesting... My first character was a dex built hes level 345 (worthless, but at the time I didnt know everyone was stopping at 120). I didnt even know there were new spells... I always used the BKGA and Washing Pole. Strangely, I never used any katana besides the washing pole. So starting off pyro and bumping dex eh? I might give this a whirl right now. I hit up Bioshock yesterday since I never actually beat it and the new ones is coming out, but this dark souls hankering wont go away lol

at 345 there is always the Dork Moons and Forest Gankers to consider doing.

My suggestion is to get up to 30 - 40 dex as soon as possible then bump up End and Vit to 20 then finish off your dex to 45. I usually bump End to 20 to help with the capra demon and put points into attunment so I have 4 or so slots by the time I fight Oreo and Smores.

But do as you like in that regard. A lot of people seem to be favoring the Chaos Blade lately so I've been thinking of trying that. I've had the most luck with the SKS and BSS. To each their own though.

I bought the DLC but I haven't finished it. I've heard it's short, but it may be worth it for the new weapons, armory etc.
Especially if it's still on sale.

It's only short if you rush through it. Other then that it is modestly longer then the later game areas like the Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves, Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants etc.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#7MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:47:57 AM
creating new character now. If you have a link to that build exactly, that would be helpful. if not whatever. PSN seems to be down now so ill play for a lil and DL the DLC later
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#8MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 2:43:46 PM
bump for build.. tx
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#9DagorhaPosted 2/27/2013 2:58:46 PM
here, adjust it how you want.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=322025424140277488
---
#10audiohereticPosted 2/27/2013 5:43:07 PM
MWXIII posted...
sup guys. I havent played in forever and ive got the craving. didnt download the expansion... is it worth it?

Dat chimera.
---
PSN: audioheretic