Is upgrading the Crimson Set worth it ?

#1Sliver_Fata_ZPosted 2/27/2013 6:40:13 PM
So.. i'm about to finish my first playthrough. and i'm wondering should l upgrade a armor set to get ready for NG+ ? the Crimson Set has been the only armor i've been using after finding it, should upgrade that or a different set ?

And last question how much harder is NG+ than the NG ? NG was pretty easy, only bosses l died multiple times to were Stray Demon (almost broke my controller against him >_>) & Ceaseless Discharge for now.
#2DuneManPosted 2/27/2013 6:43:22 PM
It's a Twinkling set. Twinkling sets are not as strong as base Titanite gear. They are, however, far easier to max the instant you hit Anor Londo. If you're gearing up for a NG+ foray though, it may be worth it to bash in some Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins.

NG+ just requires you to be a bit smarter about not getting hit, and assumes you upgrade your gear and stats. The only thing that really skews is the Four Kings fight. That becomes something of a damage race. It's the only hurdle like that in NG+.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#3Sliver_Fata_Z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 6:51:07 PM
Ah, l see. Thanks for the quick response!
#4dozingdevilPosted 2/27/2013 6:56:01 PM
^ That isn't to say some twinkling titanite pieces aren't useful.

The antiquated Dress for instance is a lightweight chest piece weighing in at only 1.0 unit for those strapped for weight. The gauntlets of favour also have a nice place in one of my builds.

Some other good twinkling pieces include the gargoyle helm, Xanthous waistcloth, crimson waistcloth and crimson gloves. Crimson waistcloth is great on defense for it's weight and the crimson gloves can fit in nicely again when strapped for weight.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#5brandonfordPosted 2/27/2013 7:05:18 PM
Maxed out Witch gear ain't too bad neither.
---
PSN Odinson31
#6ArchAngelofPyroPosted 2/27/2013 7:10:05 PM
It's not completely awful, but don't expect to be tanking much. Though to be fair, you can get by with just about any armor so long as you learn to adjust your playstyle with it.

Lately I've been basically naked due to the dragon torso stone and coping fine with it in PvP/PvE. It's all about what you want!
---
XBL Gamer Tag: TaintedDestiny
Currently Playing: Civ V(PC), Dark Souls (PS3), Borderlands 2 (X360)
#7Proudleaf24Posted 2/27/2013 8:02:16 PM
Twinkling sets can be good, but a lot of them are outclassed in Defense/Weight ratio or Poise/Weight ratio. Mugen Monkey's character build strangely doesn't have a couple of armor pieces last I checked, and if you +10 the Black Sorcerer's Gloves (one of the one's missing), you get the best all around defense at its 1.0 weight, outclassing the crimson gloves and a couple of other low weight pieces.

However, good twinkling armor does exist. The Gargoyle helm has the best defense to poise/weight in the game, and the Giant's set has CRAZY high defense.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#8turtle225Posted 2/27/2013 11:45:55 PM
I like the crimson set. There may be better options, but you won't be severly gimping yourself, and it lookds pretty cool imo.

If you really want better defense but still want to use the crimson set, trade the crimson gloves for sorcerers gloves. Its not much, but its something.
---
,=,e
#9dozingdevilPosted 2/28/2013 12:02:01 AM
Proudleaf24 posted...
Twinkling sets can be good, but a lot of them are outclassed in Defense/Weight ratio or Poise/Weight ratio. Mugen Monkey's character build strangely doesn't have a couple of armor pieces last I checked, and if you +10 the Black Sorcerer's Gloves (one of the one's missing), you get the best all around defense at its 1.0 weight, outclassing the crimson gloves and a couple of other low weight pieces.

However, good twinkling armor does exist. The Gargoyle helm has the best defense to poise/weight in the game, and the Giant's set has CRAZY high defense.

how'd i forget giants

and bro

Black sorcerer GAUNTLETS.

Your welcome.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#10Fo_lc_usPosted 2/28/2013 12:50:51 AM
I don't remember it being good. There are better light armors with more defense and it doesn't have poise, so heavy doesn't come into play.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.