Have you ever killed a boss in a cool, sort of cinematic way?

#1The moonlight knightPosted 2/28/2013 1:11:37 AM
I did that earlier and I'll use it as an example: I was fighting the Guardian thingy in the DLC, and after smashing it sufficiently with the zweihander until it was near death, I ended up finishing it off by tossing a great chaos fireball at it as it was doing an aerial charge towards me, so the fireball collided with it in midair and I just saw the molten eruption of the blast obscure its form and heard it die.

To a lesser extent, I also prefer to kill Sif with one last grand powerful attack that is strong enough to kill him before he enters his weakened state, as a sort of dorky honor thing, letting him die in battle without ever showing weakness. <_< Fire Tempest works well for that.

Speaking of Fire Tempest, on a lighter note re: boss dispatchments, my most recent fight with Iron Golem, I elected to act sort of like a hot-blooded shounen character. So, with power within active, dusk crown and bellowing dragoncrest ring equipped, I basically just charged towards him, cast fire tempest, and threw him off balance, so I cast again then he fell backwards to his death, with such severe health loss that one more hit from a pillar likely would have killed him. The whole fight lasted like 15 seconds and was just RAWWRRGH BURN EVERYTHING and blew him away in a fiery hellstorm of rage.

Ahem...

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES

OR ELSE
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#2YojimzoPosted 2/28/2013 1:25:48 AM
Well not really cinematic, but interesting,

Seeing as how I got the expansion recently, been running Art, almost every time I've fought him I did it fairly, IE fought him 1v1 as much as possible and stuck to melee,
I should also mention I'm using his armor set, greatshield, and true greatsword.
---
"In the name of JOLLY CO-OPERATION, I praise the Sun!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/SYNNfulgaming
#3The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 1:29:43 AM
I like killing bosses with their own weapons.

Bell gargoyles are pretty susceptible to the tail axe, since it so easily stuns them.
---
#4brumeyPosted 2/28/2013 1:36:31 AM(edited)
i was on my mage NG SL30 wanted to kill artorias. he one shotted me at least 10 times cuz i had base sorcerer VIT.... fed up of him i put on bellowing ring, red tearstone ring and dusk crown. got my HP down with dung pies so that RTSR activated. entered fog and 2-shotted that sucker! but he got me down also... DOUBLE KO
#5TrixtinFamerPosted 2/28/2013 1:52:45 AM
summon was on the balcony watching me fight gaping. down to little health no estus when summon outta nowhere jump attacks for the killing blow.
#6The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 2:00:37 AM
Ha, that's really awesome. I didn't even know you could jump down into the boss area though. o_o
---
#7Steve_Of_AstoraPosted 2/28/2013 2:21:30 AM
One shotting the first Taurus demon after going through the entire game, I was at gwyn and realized I never took him out, so I went back with my zwei +15, jumped down from the archer post and took his full health bar out
---
"That **** is so incandescent, it's gross. **** man"
PSN: Steve_Of_Astora
#8dozingdevilPosted 2/28/2013 2:30:48 AM
Steve_Of_Astora posted...
One shotting the first Taurus demon after going through the entire game, I was at gwyn and realized I never took him out, so I went back with my zwei +15, jumped down from the archer post and took his full health bar out

I did that in the first playthrough I ever finished. Except I did it while he was still my first boss. Black Knight dropped the BK sword so I went back and levelled for it.

Felt strong mang. used it the whole game.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#9ArchAngelofPyroPosted 2/28/2013 3:20:46 AM
Probably using the Dragon Bone Fist R2 to finish off Gwyn. Shoryuken!
---
XBL Gamer Tag: TaintedDestiny
Currently Playing: Civ V(PC), Dark Souls (PS3), Borderlands 2 (X360)
#10The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:27:46 AM
Even better if you do that when it's buffed with charcoal pine resin.
---