Have you ever killed a boss in a cool, sort of cinematic way?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Have you ever killed a boss in a cool, sort of cinematic way?

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#1
I did that earlier and I'll use it as an example: I was fighting the Guardian thingy in the DLC, and after smashing it sufficiently with the zweihander until it was near death, I ended up finishing it off by tossing a great chaos fireball at it as it was doing an aerial charge towards me, so the fireball collided with it in midair and I just saw the molten eruption of the blast obscure its form and heard it die.

To a lesser extent, I also prefer to kill Sif with one last grand powerful attack that is strong enough to kill him before he enters his weakened state, as a sort of dorky honor thing, letting him die in battle without ever showing weakness. <_< Fire Tempest works well for that.

Speaking of Fire Tempest, on a lighter note re: boss dispatchments, my most recent fight with Iron Golem, I elected to act sort of like a hot-blooded shounen character. So, with power within active, dusk crown and bellowing dragoncrest ring equipped, I basically just charged towards him, cast fire tempest, and threw him off balance, so I cast again then he fell backwards to his death, with such severe health loss that one more hit from a pillar likely would have killed him. The whole fight lasted like 15 seconds and was just RAWWRRGH BURN EVERYTHING and blew him away in a fiery hellstorm of rage.

Ahem...

SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES

OR ELSE
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

User Info: Yojimzo

Yojimzo
3 years ago#2
Well not really cinematic, but interesting,

Seeing as how I got the expansion recently, been running Art, almost every time I've fought him I did it fairly, IE fought him 1v1 as much as possible and stuck to melee,
I should also mention I'm using his armor set, greatshield, and true greatsword.
"In the name of JOLLY CO-OPERATION, I praise the Sun!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/SYNNfulgaming

Tmk
3 years ago#3
I like killing bosses with their own weapons.

Bell gargoyles are pretty susceptible to the tail axe, since it so easily stuns them.

User Info: brumey

brumey
3 years ago#4
i was on my mage NG SL30 wanted to kill artorias. he one shotted me at least 10 times cuz i had base sorcerer VIT.... fed up of him i put on bellowing ring, red tearstone ring and dusk crown. got my HP down with dung pies so that RTSR activated. entered fog and 2-shotted that sucker! but he got me down also... DOUBLE KO

User Info: TrixtinFamer

TrixtinFamer
3 years ago#5
summon was on the balcony watching me fight gaping. down to little health no estus when summon outta nowhere jump attacks for the killing blow.

Tmk
3 years ago#6
Ha, that's really awesome. I didn't even know you could jump down into the boss area though. o_o

User Info: Steve_Of_Astora

Steve_Of_Astora
3 years ago#7
One shotting the first Taurus demon after going through the entire game, I was at gwyn and realized I never took him out, so I went back with my zwei +15, jumped down from the archer post and took his full health bar out
"That **** is so incandescent, it's gross. **** man"
PSN: Steve_Of_Astora

User Info: dozingdevil

dozingdevil
3 years ago#8
Steve_Of_Astora posted...
One shotting the first Taurus demon after going through the entire game, I was at gwyn and realized I never took him out, so I went back with my zwei +15, jumped down from the archer post and took his full health bar out

I did that in the first playthrough I ever finished. Except I did it while he was still my first boss. Black Knight dropped the BK sword so I went back and levelled for it.

Felt strong mang. used it the whole game.
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon

User Info: ArchAngelofPyro

ArchAngelofPyro
3 years ago#9
Probably using the Dragon Bone Fist R2 to finish off Gwyn. Shoryuken!
XBL Gamer Tag: TaintedDestiny
Currently Playing: Civ V(PC), Dark Souls (PS3), Borderlands 2 (X360)

Tmk
3 years ago#10
Even better if you do that when it's buffed with charcoal pine resin.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Have you ever killed a boss in a cool, sort of cinematic way?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived