Something I'd like to see in the game

#1Arc166Posted 2/28/2013 3:39:29 PM(edited)
Please From, stop allowing invaders to just run past the enemies and heal. Somehow.

Or have it so that when they die, they become hollow lool.

It's insane that the people just trying to finish the level get punished so much more than the person invading someone elses world to **** them up.

I can literally just stand next to a bonfire, use my red eye, and dive into someone else's world. I win? They lose all progress, all souls, all humanity and are now human. They win? I pick up my blood, and invade again.

It's pretty insane.
#2CaptainWolfPosted 2/28/2013 3:10:33 PM
In your defense, you probably had to whoop the Four Kings for the right to do that. Or you just dropped down a hole five minutes into the game. Either way.
---
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#3Arc166(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:14:34 PM
Or you just dropped down a hole five minutes into the game.

Wut?

All my invasion chars killed the Kings. Dunno what you mean with falling down a hole.
#4CaptainWolfPosted 2/28/2013 3:16:21 PM
Talkin' about the hand-full of Cracked Orbs in the chest near the graveyard.
---
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#5Arc166(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:17:43 PM
Oh, those things. Kinda forgot they existed tbqh.

Think I've used them once since getting the game.
#6ValronicPosted 2/28/2013 4:21:00 PM
hmmm ...The invasion system could use a bit of work but in theory its fine. You invade with the demons on your side while the host has access to summoned phantoms.

However this is a frail formula. Too few spawn sights in certain areas leave invaders open to ganks. TWoP plus 3 heavies on you is hard for anyone but a faith build to handle.

Level caps will not protect players from those with superior gear. This works both ways.

Popularity of certain areas makes the above problems even worse. In this respect DkS is better than DeS (entirely born of the community behaviors mind you) because the forest exists for no holds barred ganking while the berg is there for dueling and rarely holds gankers.

The worst is not being able to invade at all. This is something that could be adressed through some manner of in game activity indicator. Think a blue torch on the wall with varrying degrees of flame representing how many players are in the area.

This would further justify the covenant system by allowing players to guess the viability of putting down various sighns. Sunbro? Flame is gold and bright to indicate many people near the bonfire. Darkwraith? A large red flame shows the area is ripe with targets. I dunno...something like that.