Smough & Ornstein.

#1Seenan1Posted 3/2/2013 12:00:39 AM(edited)
How the hell do I approach these guys? I've managed to get Ornstein dead a few times, but then Smough charges me twice in a row (and I can't manage to hide behind a pillar), and essentially one hits me.

And when I killed Smough first, Ornstein's attacks PENETRATED the pillar I was behind, my shield/stamina defenses and just knocked me, in two hits.

Do I just keep doing what I'm doing? I have a new strategy for when Ornstein is dead; bait Smough into using his smash attacks (everything but the charge one essentially).

If I kill Smough first, I really don't think I can even approach Ornstein without getting KO'd.

EDIT: As for the freezing and such, it was the cd from what I gathered. I exchanged the cd and it stopped happening. Little side note for people who've read my topics.
---
Aaa...
PSN: Seenan1
#2dozingdevilPosted 3/2/2013 12:00:05 AM
smough is the easiest to take out first bro.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#3Seenan1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 12:01:07 AM
Yes, I know that. But big Ornstein seems ridiculous to fight.
---
Aaa...
#4dozingdevilPosted 3/2/2013 12:02:22 AM
Stop blocking start dodging. I hope you have fast roll.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#5Seenan1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 12:03:32 AM
I have <50% roll. Is the <25% roll fluid like in Demon's Souls? I'd love to glide across the floor in this occasion.
---
Aaa...
#6SSJPabsPosted 3/2/2013 12:34:54 AM(edited)
<25% is what you want for fast roll. <50% is midroll.

Kill Smough. Then park yourself under Ornstein's crotch and wail away or torch him with pyro or fire weapons. When he jumps up to butt-slam roll away from him. If you are right under his crotch, Ornstein can't hit you.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#7theSMFPosted 3/2/2013 1:11:22 AM
Hit and Run, be patient.

Worked for me.

Also, spells from a distance.
---
Old PSN: SMF546 ; New PSN: PassedSMF
Rest in Peace MGO2 2008-2012
#8ZoosIVXXPosted 3/2/2013 1:47:52 AM
*cough* summon phantoms *cough* *cough*
---
"A man can only bear so much, and a bear can only man so much"
PSN:ZoosIVXX
#9evilashxeroPosted 3/2/2013 10:32:07 AM
Lock on to the surviving boss while hiding behind a broken pillar. Go side to side, so he never circles around.

Try to attack with a long weapon, like a spear, or use magic or pyromancy to attack. When the do that butt stomp, you have to roll out of the way. Wear light armor.

Also, stay far away enough from the pillar that their weapons don't hit you. Just dart in and out. Side to side.
---
NO REFUGE
#10Seenan1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:14:18 PM
What was seemed to work so far is killing fatty and rolling under Ornstein and just going nuts on his legs.

But unfortunatately, I had no estus and he did the electric butt slam which killed my already low hp. I got him to at least 25%.

The problem is not when they're as one, it's as when they're two.
---
Aaa...