Smough & Ornstein.

#11DuneManPosted 3/2/2013 3:31:09 PM
Seenan1 posted...
What was seemed to work so far is killing fatty and rolling under Ornstein and just going nuts on his legs.

But unfortunatately, I had no estus and he did the electric butt slam which killed my already low hp. I got him to at least 25%.

The problem is not when they're as one, it's as when they're two.

Summon Solaire. Yeah, it increases the HP on both, but he's the perfect distraction for the first part of the fight. Ornstein should be playing patty cake with Solaire while you drop Smough like a bucket of lard.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#12DarkSouls28Posted 3/2/2013 3:33:25 PM
The way I go about it is to use Smough as a shield against Ornstein, and to keep chipping away at Smough, bit by bit.

As for "Super" Ornstein, I tend to stay behind his legs underneath him and chop away at his legs (he is weak to fire), and whenever I see him for for his AOE attack, I get out of the way ASAP.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best! May it never change." "... And may it never change us." -Assassin's Creed II
#13neiru_3Posted 3/2/2013 9:34:15 PM
This fight was the most fun for me so far. Super powered Ornstein is tough. I was down to 1 estus flask. I summoned to guys to help me but they were killed quickly, so I was by myself essentially. Roll and keep you shield up..you should know the drill. Get between Ornsteins legs and hack away. Lots of dodging.
#14ZeroX91Posted 3/2/2013 10:03:03 PM
So I just learned using Ricard's Rapier against super Ornstein isn't a good idea, he moves too fast.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA