Which PvP build arguably takes the most talent to use well?

#1Xade76Posted 3/2/2013 2:19:29 AM
I like challenging myself in games, and that goes doubly-so in multiplayer content. I think I may have a good idea, but I want the input of others to make sure I'm not thinking about it the wrong way.

Now I don't mean something completely over-the-top that utterly gimps me; I just wanna be able to say "hey, I didn't have to resort to bulls*** to kill that guy!"

Also, I understand the meaning of "all's fair in (love and) war", and I'm not trying to stand out as the hipster badass who does the opposite of everyone else to win or anything like that. See, I don't personally care what people think of me after a battle. Like I said, I like a challenge. If I explain any further, I'll start to sound like I'm in denial. xD

So yeah, any suggestions'd be great. Thanks for any feedback.
---
If you can see this sig, that means I'm not trolling.
I'll remove it when I am, but you'll probably forget about that!
#2Xade76(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 2:21:41 AM
Also, I didn't make this topic after nerd raging to rollbs or grass or poise or anything like that... haven't touched Dark Souls in a few days, as a matter of fact (which is quite the feat for me). Just, er, throwin' that bit of info out there before anyone makes the claim. :)
---
If you can see this sig, that means I'm not trolling.
I'll remove it when I am, but you'll probably forget about that!
#3altrichPosted 3/2/2013 2:32:51 AM
sl 120 smough build with a 58 strength (to 1H the hammer) or a sl 120 40/40 longsword knight armor build. Gimped, but still cool.
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#4Sulaco28Posted 3/2/2013 2:43:58 AM
For me personally, dual Katana's w/ DWGR is the most challenging and rewarding.
#5Proudleaf24Posted 3/2/2013 3:32:58 AM
Strength builds.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#6Fa1nTyPosted 3/2/2013 3:39:17 AM
I would say strength builds as well, but there are simply 100% counters to some str weapons.

Given a spear and a +15/+5 shield with good stability, for example, I believe I could beat someone using a zwei or demom g-axe 90%+ of the time.

They simply attack too slow to guard break, cannot do kick+attack combos.

The only way they can hit a turtle is to use pyromancy or backstab fish, but a shield turtle can jump move backwards and punish any attack attempt.
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#7SGDonZPosted 3/2/2013 7:02:12 AM
Sulaco28 posted...
For me personally, dual Katana's w/ DWGR is the most challenging and rewarding.

LOL
#8Drago77Posted 3/2/2013 7:09:08 AM
Fa1nTy posted...
I would say strength builds as well, but there are simply 100% counters to some str weapons.

Given a spear and a +15/+5 shield with good stability, for example, I believe I could beat someone using a zwei or demom g-axe 90%+ of the time.

They simply attack too slow to guard break, cannot do kick+attack combos.

The only way they can hit a turtle is to use pyromancy or backstab fish, but a shield turtle can jump move backwards and punish any attack attempt.

Actually, if you face a good zwei player while turtling with a shield, you'll die in seconds. All someone has to do is unlock and dead angle you. On the other hand, 2-handing a spear and using poke and roll tactics is an extremely tough playstyle to counter.

As far as the most challenging build is concerned, I would say pure strength with base dexterity since you don't have any miracles or sorceries to rely on for backup.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#9Shadow286Posted 3/2/2013 7:18:23 AM
You want a fun build? A Chaos Claw in the left, a +15 Claw in the right. That's it.
#10newjerseyplayerPosted 3/2/2013 7:22:31 AM
I like Great Club personally. Use it with those Pyromancer robes, and you'll look like...well...cool
---
PSN: rjlikestv, Alt PSN: matt_2143, alt PSN #2: aalltt_1234
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.