Which PvP build arguably takes the most talent to use well?

#11Arc166Posted 3/2/2013 7:27:34 AM
Strength builds.

This.

You....

-Weigh a metric ****-ton. Forcing you to pump endurance higher if you want a good roll.

-Don't have any secondary boost like dex does. Enjoy being beaten in casting when you cast the same spell as your opponent. Especially if they use Pyromancy, where the difference is very noticeable.

-Don't even hit that much harder than a dex user. If you even do at all.

- Have very few weapons with status effects.

- Generally hit slower than a dex user.

- Have no real upside that matters at all.
#12KryIon_KidPosted 3/2/2013 9:29:02 AM
Arc166 posted...
Don't have any secondary boost like dex does.

x1.5 AR when 2H.
---
PSN: Wunderloss
#13Arc166Posted 3/2/2013 9:33:32 AM
I was thinking something like the casting speed boost; something which by all rights shouldn't exist. Having high dex is something even pure casters do thanks to its buff, which makes people less likely to boost strength. I think that sucks. Poor strength.
#14Dex_PyromaniacPosted 3/2/2013 11:16:34 AM
Most talent to use well =/= hardest to do well with guys

A great example of a character in a fighter who needs a lot of execution and 'talent' to use well is Kazuya. Guess what? Hes easily the best in almost every game he appears in WHEN used well. Then theres Dan from street fighter who is just utter s*** no matter how you look at it.

Str builds in this game dont require talent or anything like that, they just suck and thus are hard to do well with. Learning how to time the only useful attack on your weapon isnt exactly what I would consider to be the pinnacle of skill.

Nothing in this game requires exceptional skill so the question itself is kind of silly, but if you were to ask me, probably a proper dex/pyro build probably takes the most as far as learning how to properly play it to destroy people goes (and im not talking about a 45 dex gc spamming build which will easily slay 90% of the noobs that dark souls online is either)
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac || Steam - dex_pyromaniac || SFxT mains: Mishimas (Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi) || 'Practicing': Law, Hugo, Ryu, Akuma, Dudley, Lei
DORYA!
#15St0ve1Posted 3/2/2013 11:25:15 AM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
Most talent to use well =/= hardest to do well with guys

A great example of a character in a fighter who needs a lot of execution and 'talent' to use well is Kazuya. Guess what? Hes easily the best in almost every game he appears in WHEN used well. Then theres Dan from street fighter who is just utter s*** no matter how you look at it.

Str builds in this game dont require talent or anything like that, they just suck and thus are hard to do well with. Learning how to time the only useful attack on your weapon isnt exactly what I would consider to be the pinnacle of skill.

Nothing in this game requires exceptional skill so the question itself is kind of silly, but if you were to ask me, probably a proper dex/pyro build probably takes the most as far as learning how to properly play it to destroy people goes (and im not talking about a 45 dex gc spamming build which will easily slay 90% of the noobs that dark souls online is either)

You do realize he wanted a build that is not overuse in PVP right? A dex/pyro is arguably one of the most use builds.
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#16Dex_PyromaniacPosted 3/2/2013 12:03:35 PM
St0ve1 posted...
You do realize he wanted a build that is not overuse in PVP right? A dex/pyro is arguably one of the most use builds.

Quote where he said that

And considering how there is like only 5 real builds to make, its hard not to go with an 'overused' build. Its either dex or str oriented weaponry, either no magic, pyro, faith, or int magic. And thats about the extent to which you can customize builds, beyond that its just variations of these.
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac || Steam - dex_pyromaniac || SFxT mains: Mishimas (Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi) || 'Practicing': Law, Hugo, Ryu, Akuma, Dudley, Lei
DORYA!
#17replicax77Posted 3/2/2013 12:08:31 PM
Grandma slapping build. Make sure to wear the bag on your head so you can throw your system and game away after you knock her down.
---
I'm casual.
#18_MoonlightPosted 3/2/2013 12:46:18 PM
Claw is about the most fun I've ever had, isn't exactly that good, but also lets you have mixups
---
I mean even if you could connect those dots, which I don't think you can, what kind of picture would you really draw?
#19Proudleaf24Posted 3/2/2013 1:00:02 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...

No, but situational awareness and tactics become all the more important when you have only 1-2 viable moves.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#20Arc166Posted 3/2/2013 1:56:17 PM
And you dodge slow because you weigh a ton.

And if you try to fix that, you have less stats than a dex/faith/int char would since they have no need to pump end high to compensate for weight.