just beat SL1 NG+ again.. so what now? starting class run?

#1GuttaRepPosted 3/2/2013 2:48:20 AM
I'm kind of getting bored with this game but I love it and can't stop playing. I've ready beat NG+ at SL1 twice and I really don't feel like doing NG++.

Which starting class is the most fun to play the game as?

Warrior looks good with 13 str and dex. Good weapon variety.

Knight looks to be inferior to warrior

Sorcerer has high int and 3 attunement slots for some nice magic but only 9str so no weapon diversity.

Wanderer has some pretty good dex

Hunter looks pretty fun, 12 str and 14 dex gives me room to play around with weapons.

Thief has super high dex but **** str.. 12 magic means he can use heavy soul arrow though

Bandit is meh, I'm tired of battle axes and reinforced clubs. And his 9 dex will be just that.

Cleric has 8 dex so that leaves him out too

Deprived is the definition of average

Pyro.. well I'm pretty ******* sick of pyro at this point.

It looks like its going to be a toss up between warrior, thief, sorcerer, or hunter. What do you guys think?
---
_
_
#2GixenPosted 3/2/2013 3:00:04 AM
Why donŽt you do a starting equip. only run? You seems to have the skill for it beating NG+ on SL1. Or do a "drop only" -run. Meaning you canŽt buy or pick up gear/weapon. Only using drops from enemy. Base SL of course.
Btw, any tips on beating 4K in NG+ SL1? Would it be an idea to unequip RoFaP in favor for the Bellowing ring for higher pyro-attack?
---
PSN: Gixen99
#3GuttaRep(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 3:17:50 AM
4 kings is the only boss I break RoFaP for. Use Red Tearstone. I use RTR for most of the boss fights, especially the DLC ones because they ha e the most health. It might sound hard but its the only way to keep them off your ass. Green Blossoms are also your friend. Have only the Flask and blossoms equipped for easy switching.

Dodge everything. Except the magic tracking projectile. When. He does this use the estus to heal all the way then block it with either the Baldur shield (20%) or cracked round shield (30% magic reduction). This will bring your health back down to critical.

Stay to the left (his right) and punish with 2handed lighting swing or. Great Combustion with Crown of Dusk. Great Combustions with Crown of Dusk and RTR slice through them like butter. I bust them out when I'm falling behind on the DPS race and another one spawns

Heres a topic I made a while back that explains how to dodge their attacks. Practice practice practice.
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/64302306
---
_
_
#4GixenPosted 3/2/2013 3:29:18 AM
Thanks!

I usually use the dodge to the left tactic, but i always get hit sometime. And then the second swing killes me...
But iŽll try unequipping the RoFaP to use either RTR or Bellowing. Maybe should get my gear up to +10 as well (+7 now), but it probably wont matter anyway.
---
#5Fa1nTyPosted 3/2/2013 3:34:14 AM
I am in the process of a challenge that is kinda of hard but also kind of annoying.

No weapons run (or attack magic)

Basically, I can only kill stuff with my fists, kicking, firebombs, throwing knives, dung, poison throwing, black firebombs, etc

Firebombs are pretty much fireballs with much better range and black firebombs are basically +5 advanced pyro flame damage fireballs.

enemies and bosses for the most part are not hard, but managing souls to buy more firebombs and black firebombs (500 each) is hard.

Then you have the fire resist bosses like quelaag which are a pain -_-
---
PSN : Fa1nT6
Dark Souls Tips - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB557B8555A0AD36A&feature=plcp
#6dozingdevilPosted 3/2/2013 3:35:39 AM
Fa1nTy posted...
I am in the process of a challenge that is kinda of hard but also kind of annoying.

No weapons run (or attack magic)

Basically, I can only kill stuff with my fists, kicking, firebombs, throwing knives, dung, poison throwing, black firebombs, etc

Firebombs are pretty much fireballs with much better range and black firebombs are basically +5 advanced pyro flame damage fireballs.

enemies and bosses for the most part are not hard, but managing souls to buy more firebombs and black firebombs (500 each) is hard.

Then you have the fire resist bosses like quelaag which are a pain -_-

Go turn dragon.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#7GixenPosted 3/2/2013 3:52:03 AM
Fa1nTy: YouŽre not crazy enough to do this at SL1 are you?
---
#8dozingdevilPosted 3/2/2013 3:53:48 AM
I don't get everyones fascination with a SL1 run. it's not the hardest base level run.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#9MajinSweet4Posted 3/2/2013 4:11:18 AM
The thing about now weapons challenge is that some bosses that are supposed to be hard are fairly easy, and others that are supposed to be easy, can become insane.

Qualaag for example. Firebombs do zero damage. 99 throwing knives+99 poison throwing knives, even when doing double damage to her human body, only take 2/3 of her life bar. The rest you have to punch her to death. Expect a 30 min boss battle. Iron Golem is about 90% resistant to fire so your only chance is to manual aim at his legs to get him to fall off the level. S&O on the other hand are easy as hell with black firebombs.
---
Fighting games man, it's like, damn that's good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QGv1tuu8us
#10DevioyzPosted 3/2/2013 4:39:05 AM
GuttaRep posted...
I'm kind of getting bored with this game but I love it and can't stop playing. I've ready beat NG+ at SL1 twice and I really don't feel like doing NG+

I know what you mean, also got a sl1 pyro at gwynn NG+ and stopped there. Now im in NG++ with a sorceres. Leveld attunment and intelligence both one point for a sl5 sorceres with 4 attrment slots and able to cast darkbead. And i can tell you this is way more fun! Im in full Beatrice clothes except the pointy head, that is crown of dusk. Using different rings never rofap, because thats a trap! And made fire, chaos, lightning, divine weapons of shortsword, hand axe and reinforced club. But normaly go with shortsword because of the looks and like the moveset. Stacked a bunch of crystal heater shields. But even with crystal some bosses just rip through you. Running around with hidden body is really effective, especially agains the anor londo archers. Also i have sinned a lot so its fun to ballte dark moons along the way. Im collecting all pyro and mage spells every run for fun and sense of progress too.