just beat SL1 NG+ again.. so what now? starting class run?

#11Power TurtlePosted 3/2/2013 4:52:35 AM
dozingdevil posted...
I don't get everyones fascination with a SL1 run. it's not the hardest base level run.

I think it is the whole '1' factor. You beat it at the lowest possible level.

I beat NG+ at SL1, on NG++ and 4Kings and Manus are all i have left, other than Gwyn. Im goos stopping here, i dont want to even bother with those two ****ers.

I thought about doing a playthrough with each class, using only the starting weapon and whatever is allotted to the characters (pyro for pyros, bows for hunters, etc etc) and staying at base level, but.. yikes. i dunno 'bout that.
#12dozingdevilPosted 3/2/2013 5:05:25 AM
Anything with an attunement slot is a crutch.

Because crutch is word of the week around here.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#13SGDonZPosted 3/2/2013 7:20:27 AM
I made it to NG+5 with my sl1. It got boring really fast & pyromancy made some bosses a pushover. So i started a warrior instead & it's alot more fun to me. Pyro ruined the challenge completely. I'm using a Longsword & planning to use a Scythe too (2h). It has alot more weapon variety & force you to use melee.
#14GuttaRep(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:37:10 AM
dozingdevil posted...
I don't get everyones fascination with a SL1 run. it's not the hardest base level run.

I just never spend any souls to level up. The last 5-6 times I beat the game I don't level because the game becomes too easy.
But I guess I pick pyro because he's the lowest. Which base level run clas is the hardest IYO?

Power Turtle posted...
dozingdevil posted...

I think it is the whole '1' factor. You beat it at the lowest possible level.

I beat NG+ at SL1, on NG++ and 4Kings and Manus are all i have left, other than Gwyn. Im goos stopping here, i dont want to even bother with those two ****ers.

I thought about doing a playthrough with each class, using only the starting weapon and whatever is allotted to the characters (pyro for pyros, bows for hunters, etc etc) and staying at base level, but.. yikes. i dunno 'bout that.

I can help you with those bosses if you want. Manus is only hard because of his stupid Dark Beads Ughh I hate those. 4 kings needs the RTR IMO. PSN is my name
---
_
_
#15GuttaRep(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:45:23 AM
SGDonZ posted...
I made it to NG+5 with my sl1. It got boring really fast & pyromancy made some bosses a pushover. So i started a warrior instead & it's alot more fun to me. Pyro ruined the challenge completely. I'm using a Longsword & planning to use a Scythe too (2h). It has alot more weapon variety & force you to use melee.

That sounds like fun. For my next run it'll be either warrior or hunter. Warrior has 13/13 str and dex, while Hunter has 12/14 so they are pretty close. I'm going to look up which weapons and bows each can use and make my decision. I'd like to even 2 hand done of the stronger weapons
---
_
_
#16SGDonZPosted 3/2/2013 3:58:44 PM
GuttaRep posted...
SGDonZ posted...

That sounds like fun. For my next run it'll be either warrior or hunter. Warrior has 13/13 str and dex, while Hunter has 12/14 so they are pretty close. I'm going to look up which weapons and bows each can use and make my decision. I'd like to even 2 hand done of the stronger weapons

Cool. If you decide to use a Hunter then you can use a Uchigatana & Great Scythe (2h). Balder Side Sword too! A longbow is nice choice for ranged battle. I use a fire+10 composite bow with fire arrows & it rocks!
#17AIreadylnUsePosted 3/2/2013 4:20:02 PM
For choosing a base class you can ignore most stats. Faith, int, vit, end, res... all pretty useless. Att is only for pyro (why even play the challenge?), str and dex are for weapon variety.

You're going to be two handing, so 11 str is enough for almost anything you could possibly want (14 str gives you like 3 new options, none of which are great) and dex is way more important. Hunter is best for weapon variety, while warrior still keeps it interesting. Weapon selection on everything else is pretty bad... and anything with less than 10 dex is abysmal. Do keep in mind Hunter and Warrior have no attunement slots, which is probably for the best in a challenge honestly. If you want to spam combustion spells sorcerer is best.

dozingdevil posted...

Lots of people go no-pyro SL1s and you simply can't pyro your way through 4K past NG++ (I'd be very surprised at least). If we ignore the two att and assuming you're playing without pyro then it's one of the most painful classes to use in the game only rivalled by Cleric and to a lesser degree Bandit. Painful in this case doesn't necessarily translate to difficulty, just boredom.
#18DevioyzPosted 3/2/2013 7:14:42 PM
Yes just pick sorceres, so you can use magic, pyro and weapons. Two hand a light crossbow and use a crapy shield. Way more fun than limiting yourself to only melee.
#19GuttaRep(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:17:58 PM
So I decided to go with hunter over warrior. The extra point in dexterity will give me more weapon variety. +1 dex but -1 str and -1 end compared to warrior.

So far having fun but I hope I don't get bored without any attunement slots. The first thing I did was get the Red Tearstone ring. Lol I also ran into New Londo and got the Composite Bow.
---
_
_