Gamefaqs VS Reddit Tournament (Now Seeking Members for Team Gamefaqs)

#31WATAUGACJPosted 3/6/2013 9:13:01 AM
leee933 posted...
WATAUGACJ posted...
Those rules are too scrubby. BS fishing is easy to avoid. Spell chaining is something you guys made up. Pursuers are easy as hell to avoid. Also, healing miracles are allowed? Great heal is pretyy fast to pop off during a match lol.

I think they want to avoid cheap one hit kills. Lag can easily kill someone with pursues, bkstabs, no matter how good u are at avoiding. U cannot dodge what u can't see.

Extreme lag ruins all aspects of pvp, that is not a valid argument.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#32dozingdevilPosted 3/6/2013 9:16:01 AM
mojie55 posted...
dozingdevil posted...
mojie55 posted...
ratul123 posted...
Could have been interesting, but some of the rules are scrubby. Ban hornet ring, and anything else goes. At a stretch, you could ban TWoP.

There really aren't many rules, its worked brilliantly so far. As of right now we have had 99 competitive fights on 3 systems and no complaints. The best players are the ones still left. No rule will handicap better players.

Out of curiosity, if you have no problem with someone circling for a backstab, lagstab and then chainstab, what difference is it if they have hornets? Why ban that one item?

backstabs are already ridiculously strong, giving a player another reason to circle or get a lucky backstab is bad. The way I see it is that it minimises the problem, but doesn't completely shun the part of the game that does revolve around backstabs, it keeps it balanced and doesn't overpowered and overcentralize the metagame on backstabs.

I know people will disagree, but I personally think that if hornets deserves to be banned (something that improves physical attackers) Bellowing and Ring of the Sun's firstborn should be banned as well, rings that improves mages.

You make a very good point there. "I know people will disagree". Not everyone agrees, everyone has their own opinion on what should be allowed and what should not be. The rules we agreed upon were not the rules I personally voted for. It came down to this, Dark Souls has no real competitive PVP tournaments. In order for it to work, players had to compromise a little by allowing some things they did not like and banning some things they did like. We can't please everyone and we can't make anyone particpate and it looks like Ratul123 won't. That's unfortunate, but what is the alternative? Is there other tournaments that offer competitive PVP where I can test myself against better players that I am unaware of? Fightclubs, yeah but who wins fightclubs?

I compromised, I ask the same of you. I just want meaningful fights instead of random invasions.

My last post wasn't really intended to change yours, or anybodies mind, it was purely an expression of opinion, and reasoning on hornets. nothing else.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#33mojie55Posted 3/6/2013 9:55:27 AM
Talk to Zarroc, discuss rules among yourselves, we will agree to fight first on your terms and if there is another event afterwards, we fight on our terms?

Fair?
#34zarroc407(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:53:37 AM
mojie55 posted...
Talk to Zarroc, discuss rules among yourselves, we will agree to fight first on your terms and if there is another event afterwards, we fight on our terms?

Fair?

Mojie personally i think we dont need alternating sets of rules. For an event like this compromise is a must and i still think that we can form a set of rules that well everyone might not love they arent so outrageous that they can be called unfair. Dozingdevil might be right with what he says about the hornet ring and those rings made to enhance mages maybe we should consider limiting them or perhaps a rule that says you cant use a combination of the magic amplifying items. Like for example you can use the bellowing dragon crest ring, the crown of dusk, or the tin crystallization catalyst but not in conjunction with each other. To those who will inevitably say im trying to gimp mages im not im simply attempting to balance the play styles. Any thoughts on this mojie/others?
---
psn: zecrin website: http://zarroc407.webstarts.com/ channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zar4795
#35WATAUGACJPosted 3/6/2013 11:58:10 AM
I am not very interested in participating, but IMO the only rules in any tournament should be:

1. No healing
2. No TWoP

That's it. Anything else and you are limiting people's playstyles.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#36Frank_PoolePosted 3/6/2013 2:44:38 PM
WATAUGACJ posted...
I am not very interested in participating, but IMO the only rules in any tournament should be:

1. No healing
2. No TWoP

That's it. Anything else and you are limiting people's playstyles.

QFT
#37St0ve1Posted 3/6/2013 4:28:45 PM
Is it too late to join? And when is it?
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#38BombayNugzPosted 3/6/2013 4:36:36 PM
Itt: scrubs try to make a scrubtopia for scrubs by attempting to jnstall scrub rules that drip with scrub pus very scrubbily.
---
Go Big Red
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#39zarroc407(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:56:09 PM
St0ve1 posted...
Is it too late to join? And when is it?

no it's not too late the tournament isnt until the 16th just leave your psn and i'll message you if we get enough people that we require tryouts.
---
psn: zecrin website: http://zarroc407.webstarts.com/ channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zar4795
#40altrichPosted 3/6/2013 5:44:09 PM
do the community a favor and put jumilaattori, dex pyromaniac, wataugacj, and oni_-KATANA on the tourney. I'm sure I missed some other well known pvpers on the board but I will be very happy if we can dominate reddit team.
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?