Zweihander +15
Havel's Greatshield

Spells:
Power within

Rings:
Steel protection
Speckled stoneplate

Summary:
Siegfried is a build based entirely on tanking hits and destroying enemies while shrugging everything off.
Grass crest shield is worn on the back as I'll be 2 handing the zweihander. It also symbolizes Sieg's leaf-shaped weakpoint
Prior to battle, power within and havel's shield buff are applied. Havel's greatshield is in the right hand so that I may use repair powders on it

Thanks to everyone who has helped thus far.

Further suggestions and criticism are appreciated
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#2Arc166Posted 3/6/2013 9:36:28 AM
Are you gonna make vid for youtube?

Kinda want to see the build, if only to see Havel's buff used properly (I just activate it and run at people to see how they react. It's funny. They **** themselves so much)
#3Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:52:58 AM
Arc166 posted...
Are you gonna make vid for youtube?

Kinda want to see the build, if only to see Havel's buff used properly (I just activate it and run at people to see how they react. It's funny. They **** themselves so much)

I don't have a capture card, but I can try and record a little bit for youtube via my ipad's crappy camera

The covenant that siggy will be joining will be path of the dragon for obvious reasons, though if that pvp doesn't work out I'll just join the darkwraiths or darkmoon blades

Or I might join forest hunters or sit by myself in the forest.

Also, that is how you use Havel's shield buff. You run at the enemy balls to the walls "ermergerd gerner kerr yer" fashion.

The buff adds infinite poise, which is ideal if I want a fitting armor set AND poise. That, and power within makes me a walking dealer of death
---
#4dozingdevilPosted 3/6/2013 9:55:12 AM
anybody who doesn't run away from you is an idiot.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#5Arc166Posted 3/6/2013 9:57:08 AM
I actually don't get why you'd be a dragon lol. For sub-par PVP experience?

And what I mean is I don't even try to win as my Havel guy. I literally just run at people. Sometimes I strip and run at them.

It amuses me.
#6Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:03:44 AM(edited)
dozingdevil posted...

That's why I want to go path of the dragon covenant

When people summon dragons, they are mostly honor duels, I've never seen someone run from an honor duel no matter what buffs or such were applied.

The only people I ever see run are hosts who are in the process of summoning phantoms, or invaders that hide behind enemies so they can heal
---
#7dozingdevilPosted 3/6/2013 10:03:13 AM
Phantom0708 posted...
dozingdevil posted...

When people summon dragons, they are mostly honor duels, I've never seen someone run from an honor duel no matter what buffs or such were applied.

The only people I ever see run are hosts who are in the process of summoning phantoms

Even in an honour duel, I think kiting and running is fine. Why should a player deliberately take the brunt of a havel buffed-power withined (can you even use them at the same time?) zweihander? If you can't kite and avoid like that, there's literally no counter.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#8Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:05:03 AM
dozingdevil posted...
Phantom0708 posted...
dozingdevil posted...

The only people I ever see run are hosts who are in the process of summoning phantoms

Even in an honour duel, I think kiting and running is fine. Why should a player deliberately take the brunt of a havel buffed-power withined (can you even use them at the same time?) zweihander? If you can't kite and avoid like that, there's literally no counter.

Siegfried's weakness is the leaf-shaped mark on his back

On his back

His back

Back

Backstabs ruin slow weapon builds
---
#9Mountaintop884Posted 3/6/2013 10:08:56 AM
Would that poise and buff help you against one of those super mages with dark bead? You know the ones with crown of dusk, bellowing ring, tcc, and 50 int. Seems like one of those to the face as you rush in might do the trick. Or dodge a slow zwie attack and boom. Just curious.
#10Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:21:11 AM(edited)
Mountaintop884 posted...
Would that poise and buff help you against one of those super mages with dark bead? You know the ones with crown of dusk, bellowing ring, tcc, and 50 int. Seems like one of those to the face as you rush in might do the trick. Or dodge a slow zwie attack and boom. Just curious.

Dodging to the side is the dark bead's weakness

After countless hours experimenting with rolls and dodging dark bead, as well as taking lag into consideration, I can successfully mid-roll away from dark bead 90% of the time

However, speckled stoneplate ring reduces magic damage by quite a bit, I might consider equipping a couple armor pieces with high magic resistance.
Oh, and silver pendant blocks dark magic in PVP, too, I've seen it happen while using my pyromage in the forest. Guy used silver pendant to negate my pursuers and dark bead.

Zwei's long range can almost always guarantee a successful roll hit after dodging, anyway, unless the opponent has DWGR.

In terms of dodging pursuers? Either run or roll over and over

Oh, and Havel's poise buff means if I do get hit by any of the beads, I won't be staggered.
---