Dark souls II shouldn't have backstabs.

#181FishInMyPantsPosted 3/10/2013 8:50:25 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Well there's nothing wrong with a little pillaging, so don't you feel ashamed. No harm when they can't exactly object themselves now, is there? But maybe not. After all, if it becomes a habit, you may find yourself urged to make more corpses, if the stockpile ever runs short... Kyehehehehe...

Well, it just strikes me as odd that they used the word "pillage" when taking items from corpses. They could have just as easily used the word "search", "inspect" or even "examine", as the primary definition of pillage is robbery with force or violence.

It still makes me smile a little when I stroll up on a long-dead body and the phrase "Pillage Corpse" pops up. I imagine my character grabbing the corpse by the scruff of the neck, smacking it around a little before holding it upside down by the ankles and giving it a good shake to see what falls out of its rotten loincloth.

So if you ever see me online, I'll be the weirdo punching up ancient, desiccated human remains. :)
---
PREPARE TO DIE.
"... I don't know what disgusts me more, your cowardice or your stupidity."
#182The moonlight knightPosted 3/10/2013 8:54:25 AM
Realistically, its rotten genitals would probably fall out of the loincloth, so be wary of false Homeward Bones.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#183dozingdevilPosted 3/10/2013 8:55:14 AM
I don't understand how skeleton enemies don't drop homeward bones and alluring skulls.

I mean wwuuuuttt.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot/ IronShadowDragon
#184FishInMyPantsPosted 3/10/2013 9:09:22 AM
Realistically, its rotten genitals would probably fall out of the loincloth, so be wary of false Homeward Bones.

LOL

*attempts to use "Homeward Bone"*

*notices petrified wiener in hand*

D'oh!

dozingdevil posted...
I don't understand how skeleton enemies don't drop homeward bones and alluring skulls.

I mean wwuuuuttt.

That would be pretty cool, actually. Useful, but not game breaking.
---
PREPARE TO DIE.
"... I don't know what disgusts me more, your cowardice or your stupidity."
#185DuneManPosted 3/10/2013 9:54:25 AM
I know. I'm aware of how backstabby the online can be. I just didn't expect a giant federal case to be made out of me calling backstabbing what it is. >_>

More like 'TMK, in his continuing quest to say things that are wrong, insults the DkS player base and then breaks down and talks about killing himself in a bid for extra attention.'

Even when someone repeats what you said in your own words you pretend that they're trying to twist what you said into a knot and somehow just don't get it. Even though when it comes to having a knowledge base about the online aspects of the game you've freely admitted in the past that you have a dodgy Internet connection. I.e. compared to the other folks who have tried to explain to you in a dozen ways why what you're saying doesn't apply, you are speaking from ignorance. I mean that in the traditional meaning of the word. Some of the folks talking probably have thousands of online hours logged in when taken together.

The closest thing to a cowardly player would be someone who refuses to take any action that isn't a roll BS. But backstabs in the normal course of fighting aren't cowardly. E.g. punishing someone for doing some lazy casting isn't cowardly, nor someone who decided to spam R1 hits with slower weapons, nor someone who decides they want to chug that Estus Flask(for them and/or any Phantoms that they have summoned), etc.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#186DuneManPosted 3/10/2013 9:56:58 AM
dozingdevil posted...

I mean wwuuuuttt.

Homeward Bones are, IIRC, pieces of the burnt bones consumed at bonfires. They aren't part of a normal skeleton's bits and pieces. I.e. bonfires could be called bonefires. So the act of using a Homeward Bone, represents utilizing some sort of magical bond with the bonfires.

Having skeletons drop Alluring Skulls would be nice though. Demon's Souls had enemies to drop Soul Remains, after all.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#187The moonlight knightPosted 3/10/2013 10:02:34 AM
DuneMan posted...
More like 'TMK, in his continuing quest to say things that are wrong, insults the DkS player base and then breaks down and talks about killing himself in a bid for extra attention.'

Duneman continues to unironically be one of the worst people in the Souls community.
---
#188dozingdevilPosted 3/10/2013 10:08:17 AM
Tmk continues to be the most liked person ever with his 'infallible' logic.
---
#189The moonlight knightPosted 3/10/2013 10:09:40 AM
Faulting me for not being popular amongst trolls, troll apologists and pretentious egomaniacs isn't really much of a fault.
---
#190dozingdevilPosted 3/10/2013 10:11:19 AM
Faulting me for not being popular amongst trolls, troll apologists and pretentious egomaniacs isn't really much of a fault.

I believe I said the opposite.
---