Can someone help me beat the gargoyles?

#1Bleachfreak7Posted 3/7/2013 3:50:42 PM
Kind of embarrassed since Ive heard this boss isnt too bad but I cant beat. Been going at it for hours. Anyone able to help? (And maybe explain how the summoning process works?)
---
3DS FC: 3437-3085-0365 - HC4 Klash
GE FC: 5486-3590-6471
#2turtle225Posted 3/7/2013 3:53:27 PM
There are actually two npc's that you can summon to help you if you aren't finding any summon signs.

To summon people, go to a bonfire, and reverse the hollowing. This will cost you a humanity so if you don't have any, eat one of your humanity consumables. You can also kindle while in human form which costs another humanity, but it permanantly increases the amount of estus you can get from that bonfire.

Once human, you can summon and be invaded. You can see white and gold summon signs on the ground. All you have to do is walk up to em and hit summon and hope that it doesn't fail.

hope this helps, good luck.
---
,=,e
#3Deified_DataPosted 3/7/2013 3:53:58 PM
If you turn human you can summon Solaire right in front of the boss fog - that helps quite a bit. What level are you? That might determine if you're having trouble summoning other players.
#4Bleachfreak7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:56:09 PM
Im level 26. I have just never summoned before. I was trying to summon solaire mid battle. Do I just use the soapstone to summon him?
---
#5IDoneNoPosted 3/7/2013 3:59:05 PM
Summoning.

If you are in human form you can summon other players and some NPCs to help you. To summon them you just have to find their sign, glowing white or yellow message. There should be plenty of signs from other players in the area you are in. Either at the start of the area, inside the bonfire gate, just after it before the boar or just outside the undead parish near the path that leads you to the balcksmith. You can also summon Solaire and Lautrec (if you helped him) in that area, you will find their signs just outside the Gargoyle's fog gate, Lautrec's is sort of hidden.
#6DuneManPosted 3/7/2013 3:59:22 PM
Bleachfreak7 posted...
Im level 26. I have just never summoned before. I was trying to summon solaire mid battle. Do I just use the soapstone to summon him?

His gold summon sign appears literally right in front of the boss fog. Make sure you 'reverse hollowing' so you can summon him. Basically, you need some flesh on your bones.

His lightning miracle will tear the gargoyles apart in seconds. Even his melee is decent enough if you divide the gargoyles attention between the two of you.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7erosion17Posted 3/7/2013 4:01:20 PM
Bleachfreak7 posted...

You have to be in human form and his summon sign is outside the fog gate. Lautrec's summon sign is around there too if you let him out of his cage first. Solaire's sign appears yellow/gold and Lautrec's appears white.
---
PSN: eraq_eazy
#8Bleachfreak7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:16:18 PM
I summoned him. He landed 2 hits then burned to death....
---
#9Hellfire-1Posted 3/7/2013 4:29:08 PM
Bleachfreak7 posted...
Kind of embarrassed since Ive heard this boss isnt too bad but I cant beat. Been going at it for hours. Anyone able to help? (And maybe explain how the summoning process works?)

Don't worry, I was on the gargoyles for Hours and hours my first playthrough... It was soooo difficult for me.

You summon by first using a humanity, and then going to a bonfire. Reverse your hollowing, the meter next to your health should light up now.

Then proceed to fight all the way to the fog door, the summon sign will be on the ground up right next to the fog door. So walk over to it and follow the prompts to summon solaire.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#10Bleachfreak7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:57:35 PM
Solaire keeps dying immediately, the gold pine resin isnt helping much, Ive gotten invaded twice, and gone through 7 humanity. The first gargoyle just keeps pinning me to the ground and beating me to death before I can move.
---