Best strength scaling weapon?

#1DarkSouls28Posted 3/12/2013 4:41:55 PM
Best weapon for a strength build...?

I mean, what has the most damage highest scaling.
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best! May it never change." "... And may it never change us." -Assassin's Creed II
#2The moonlight knightPosted 3/12/2013 4:47:45 PM
Demon's Greataxe is the most damaging.

But in truth, there is no best weapon. There's lots of awesome ones though, though I suppose maybe less if you're very PvP-minded.

With PvE in mind however, Reinforced Club, Manserpentbearpig Greatsword, Butcher's Knife I suppose, Large Club and Great Club (mostly depends on R2 attack preference; I personally find Large Club's R2 pretty rockin'), Demon Greataxe of course, I suppose Black Knight Sword can work too but it has an annoying dex requirement, Demon Great Machete, Golem Axe.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#3Arc166Posted 3/12/2013 4:47:56 PM
Demon's Greataxe. Also one of the best for faith, too.
#4ElphinRavenPosted 3/12/2013 4:51:02 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
Demon's Greataxe is the most damaging.

But in truth, there is no best weapon. There's lots of awesome ones though, though I suppose maybe less if you're very PvP-minded.

With PvE in mind however, Reinforced Club, Manserpentbearpig Greatsword, Butcher's Knife I suppose, Large Club and Great Club (mostly depends on R2 attack preference; I personally find Large Club's R2 pretty rockin'), Demon Greataxe of course, I suppose Black Knight Sword can work too but it has an annoying dex requirement, Demon Great Machete, Golem Axe.

Pickaxe. /end thread
#5TCrinaleTPosted 3/12/2013 4:51:30 PM
Demon's Greataxe .

---
"You stand before the final dimension, and I'm the darkness of eternity"
#6The moonlight knightPosted 3/12/2013 4:53:04 PM
Oh yeah, Pickaxe is a good strength weapon, on paper anyway. I'm pretty put off by its moveset though I suppose, so it slipped my mind. @_@
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#7Mr_BankercatPosted 3/12/2013 4:58:46 PM

Manserpentbearpig great sword

Hey-hey, I like this guy.
#8DagnothPosted 3/12/2013 5:15:56 PM
Bare fists.

They're attached to you're body. Doesnt get much more dependent on physical strength then that.
---
IMPOSSIBRU!
#9Drago77Posted 3/12/2013 5:36:27 PM
Best weapon for a strength build?

1. Large Club
2. Great Club
3. Manserpent Greatsword
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#10VidmorPosted 3/12/2013 8:56:55 PM
I don't understand the insistence that the Large/Great Club and Demon's Great Axe are the best strength weapons. The damage is high, if you want to look solely at scaling, but for overall functionality I'd give it to the Demon's Great Machete any day. I've used every other strength weapon listed in this thread, and I've never had as much success as with the DGM.

I've seen some skilled club users combine it with a fast roll with some excellent results, specifically the WR R1. Either that, or just bs fish. However, the regular attacks with the great axes/clubs are laughably vulnerable, and are more difficult to catch opponents with and punish bs fishers. The only concession is that the Large Club has a viable R2 and the poison damage is a nice addition.

The pickaxe is a deceptively powerful weapon, especially if you pair it with the Leo ring. The only issue is that it's slow for a small weapon, and the attacks are clumsy and vulnerable to bs fishing. With DMB and Leo, I've hit 700 damage with the it.

A lot of these issues can be solved by playing unlocked, but I feel as though the overhead swinging weapons offer too many openings as compared to the DGM without much of a damage increase. The wide horizontal arc of its attacks are great for handling multiple opponents and are very conducive to dead angling. The damage is comparable to that of the other quintessential strength weapons without the glaring flaws.