So....I started this game couple days ago...

#1Numbuh100Posted 3/12/2013 7:53:52 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/61427513

I'm currently working on my warrior. So based on Renegade's guide, should I just balance it for the strength stats? It seems more fitting what my warrior is for. How do you guys work out your warrior's stats?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Pandora's Tower
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2Fetchfido12Posted 3/12/2013 8:15:54 PM
Depends. Are you going for a PvP build? Most of the builds in this guide seem oriented to PvP (being that they are all SL125).

If it's your first character, I'd personally recommend just focusing on a PvE build, with enough strength/dexterity for whatever weapon you want (don't be afraid to experiment with the weapons, either -- they are all very well balanced and can behave very differently) and putting the rest of your points into endurance and vitality.

Once you get good at the game, getting a high-level PvP build takes no time at all, couple hours at most to get to the high competitive brackets. Just sayin', if that is indeed something you'd like to do, it doesn't need to be your immediate focus with your first character.
#3Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 5:32:43 AM
I'm starting out with PvE now. I'll do PvP later. So should I only make it go up to 40 on both STR and DEX or I should do one? I was wondering about resistance as well, how much of that is needed?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Pandora's Tower
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#4Chao_YunPosted 3/13/2013 5:47:58 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
I'm starting out with PvE now. I'll do PvP later. So should I only make it go up to 40 on both STR and DEX or I should do one? I was wondering about resistance as well, how much of that is needed?

No resistance, Dex over Strength. Dex affects casting times as well, which you could complement with pyromancy. Ultimately, you should play the game the way you enjoy it, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#5Drago77Posted 3/13/2013 5:48:02 AM
Numbuh100 posted...

Don't level up resistance, its a useless stat. Strength you can actually cap at 27, also make sure you level up your vitality and endurance.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#6tlnPosted 3/13/2013 5:54:17 AM
40 VIT
40 END
27 STR
40 DEX

That will allow you to use almost all weapons in the game two-handed with good scaling.