Beat Dark Souls, can Demon's Souls hold up to it?

#31PHoToS999Posted 3/16/2013 11:22:11 PM
@MLK: on parries, you are incorrect. You have forgotten the image of badassery and manliness, the protector of pure maidens, the one, the only, GAAAAAAAAAAAAARL VINLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Personally, the pvp in DS feels way better than DkS pvp. As well, the experiences I felt in DS were unforgettable: beating up defenseless noobs as the old monk, smashing faces in as Garl Vinland, helping noobs through the game.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#32The moonlight knightPosted 3/17/2013 12:43:47 AM
I didn't say NO one parries. Just almost no one. You have Garl, and offline Old Monk rarely. That's it.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#33lichterlohPosted 3/17/2013 2:07:14 AM
Demon's was the better game.
#34Biggest_BossPosted 3/17/2013 2:14:38 AM
The game you played first will be the better one for you.
---
PSN: Sleeq
#35altrichPosted 3/17/2013 4:07:09 AM
Biggest_Boss posted...
The game you played first will be the better one for you.

I played Dark Souls first but I like Demon's better. I loved the world tendencies, the atmosphere, weapons, characters, collecting the demon's souls, endings, nexus, old monk, the list goes on and on..
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#36EarthboundD2Posted 3/17/2013 10:36:22 AM
When it comes down to the question of buying it, the question of which is better doesn't have too much weight since they are both amazing games.

In my opinion, I think it would be a little disappointing to go from dark to demon's due to the loss of some game mechanics such as the improved healing system. However, since it is still an amazing game despite these gameplay faults, it's still certainly worth 20 or 30 bucks.
#37Proudleaf24Posted 3/17/2013 12:17:49 PM
Demon's has better level design in some respects

Dark has better mechanics in some respects

They're equal to each other, but in slightly different ways.

Most people who play Dark Souls end up enjoying Demon's, and vice versa.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#38PHoToS999Posted 3/17/2013 12:20:53 PM
EarthboundD2 posted...
However, since it is still an amazing game despite these gameplay faults, it's still certainly worth 20 or 30 bucks.

I think it's even cheaper on psn now too.
Definitely worth it.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#39TILlegion777Posted 3/17/2013 12:50:25 PM
Objectively they're pretty much equal really. Dark Souls is more different than better/worse. I'd say it's definitely worth the money, especially considering how little it costs now.

Personally, I prefer Demon's anyway, but I was also a tad obsessive with the game, which has died down with time and didn't carry over so much to Dark. Learned from my mistakes there. <_<
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#40ragnarokiusPosted 3/17/2013 12:52:44 PM
It definitely holds up. I prefer Dark Souls in many ways, but not by much and Demon's Souls is an incredible game any DkS fan should play and enjoy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m