Trade Ring of the Sun Princess to Snuggly, get a new one next playthrough?

#1The moonlight knightPosted 3/16/2013 1:15:06 AM
I've seen this asked before, but with no answer. Does no one truly know? Can you get a new copy if you get rid of yours on a next playthrough?
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#2A_German_spyPosted 3/16/2013 2:32:00 AM
I think the real question is, why would you WANT another one besides just to trade it again?
---
"A crouton is like a party, in your mouth." - DuneMan
http://www.youtube.com/user/AGermanSpy
#3The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 2:57:06 AM
Because it does something, however tiny, that nothing else does. Boosting the power of healing miracles is hardly the most worthless thing I possess.
---
#4DuneManPosted 3/16/2013 5:57:35 AM
Meh, it is a portable resonance sign. You'll still have the Ring of the Firstborn for boosting miracles.

I would think that if the ring doesn't show up in the chest at Firelink after that, and it probably wouldn't, that you'd be screwed.

But you can always be the guinea pig for testing purposes. Do it. XD
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 3:34:11 PM
For someone like me who plays offline, it does something NOTHING else does. So I'd rather not lose it.

Also, since I don't PvP, I don't exactly make an army of builds that run through the game, so I'm actually not in a great position to test this. Someone who's made like 15 builds by now or something would be better off. I was hoping there was someone about to finish a NG on a new build who'd have no use for the ring, willing to go get it, trade it, then in NG+, see if they can get another.
---
#6DuneManPosted 3/16/2013 3:51:40 PM
Meh, if you put your mind to it you should be able to run a new character through Anor Londo in about 3 hours or so. The Master Key lets you skip through upper Blight Town, and everything up to the Parish main building. Just grab a fairly damaging bigger weapon like the Halberd or Claymore and begin leveling it up as you go. Sen's might be somewhat annoying at first, but once you get to the first interior rock ramp you can run up to the roof and allow Tarkus to do his thing against the boss. Lots of Anor Londo can be skipped too by jumping the spiral staircase.
---
#7The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:14:44 PM
You do realise I'd have to do that TWICE, right?

Also, I've already played through the game 19 times now. I'm not going to have the patience required to do a speedrun basically. >_>
---
#8DuneManPosted 3/16/2013 4:22:52 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
You do realise I'd have to do that TWICE, right?

Also, I've already played through the game 19 times now. I'm not going to have the patience required to do a speedrun basically. >_>

You don't have more than one character already? No one that isn't a miracle user who can take the plunge in a NG+ cycle?
---
#9The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:24:36 PM
I have 3 characters. My SL332 one. Someone I did awhile ago, on NG+ now and was not designed to go through NG+, and a character sorta halfway through NG, also not intended to go through NG+, that I have very little desire to continue playing as now.
---
#10DuneManPosted 3/16/2013 4:37:25 PM
Well, if you wonder if you can scrounge up enough desire to bring that NG character into a NG+ cycle, just remember that you'll hit Amazing Chest Ahead in several hours via Master Key shortcuts. If fact, it can be easiest to ring the Quelaag bell first. Then you can Bone back to Firelink and use the VoD shortcut to jump to the Parish and open up Sen's with minimal fighting. 3 hours is a general estimate in that circumstance. You'd probably get it done a bit under an hour.
---