Trade Ring of the Sun Princess to Snuggly, get a new one next playthrough?

#11The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:53:27 PM
I don't much like rushing though. Even on NG+18, I still actually play through slowly, and don't skip anything. Now just isn't much of a good time to be playing a stressful game like this.

However there could, I suppose, be some value to becoming familiar with getting to Boobevere ASAP, since having the ability to warp about is spiffy to get as quickly as possible. I would need to finish up this character's NG first. Altogether becoming quite a bit more work involved than someone who's already speeding along with a new build or something.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#12The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:40:30 AM
I was able to psych myself back into finishing this character, spent several hours doing that. Traded the ring to Snuggles.

In NG+, I managed to get to Gwynevere in 41 minutes, and joined her covenant, aaaand got a replacement ring! Huzzah.

Just in case it matters, I left her covenant through Oswald, but for all I know, you don't even need to leave the covenant at all and just speaking with her after getting the Lord Vessel will get you a new ring. But, at the very least, yes, you get a new ring if you trade away yours in the next game cycle.

I don't like rushing, but it did feel cool to see how quickly I could get there. And earlier, in the painting world, the first hanging body I cut down with a throwing knife, my first attempt. So that made me feel awesome, too.

By the way, fun fact: the giant firebomb thrower, if left alive, will hurl fire bombs at you during the Iron Golem fight. I did not know that. Didn't make a difference in the fight for me, but it added some tension.

Also: good idea to kill the first two painting guardians. Don't do like I did, and run by them, climb the ladder, then periodically have to turn around and block their knives up on the rafters as you fight the 3 normally up there. Though the fact I managed to deal with that felt cool, too.
---
#13DuneManPosted 3/17/2013 8:26:32 AM
Nice.

And yeah, that Giant bomb thrower is kind of like the Channeler overlooking the Gaping Dragon.

He's never been dangerous since they dumbed down his AI though. He used to predict your advancement and throw bombs in front of you to block your path. Now he throws bombs where you were 20 seconds prior.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#14The moonlight knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:15:12 PM
It wasn't much of a difference for me since the entire fight took place out of his range. I tend to rush Iron Golem so him chucking bombs into the middle area had little effect on me.
---