seriously there is no "story"
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#2ZezrsPosted 3/17/2013 10:23:07 PM
This game is ust as bad as the Siims
#3Cvdf3Posted 3/17/2013 10:24:37 PM
There is little plot but tons of backstory
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#4Phantom0708Posted 3/17/2013 10:29:04 PM
The thing I like about Dark Souls is it doesn't feed you the story

The story lies in the descriptions of items and character dialogue

Putting everything together, the story is quite deep, tragic, and depressing.

The idea of new game + is (assuming you linked the fire) the neverending turn of linking the fire as the flames fade

A dark lord may rise, but another chosen undead may rise to either link the flame, or overthrow his place.

The flow of time in lordran is distorted
No one knows the true order of events
Perhaps it was all a dream?
Perhaps the chosen undead is doomed to repeat a neverending cycle
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#5serpentaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:51:02 PM
or perhaps there is no story
---
#6A_German_spyPosted 3/17/2013 11:16:35 PM
What I like about the Dark Souls plot is reading the threads by CoD and Skyrim casuls who can't be bothered to listen to NPC dialogue or read item descriptions and then come here and complain that the game didn't hand them a storyline on a silver platter.
---
"A crouton is like a party, in your mouth." - DuneMan
http://www.youtube.com/user/AGermanSpy
#7serpentaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 11:31:43 PM
A_German_spy posted...
What I like about the Dark Souls plot is reading the threads by CoD and Skyrim casuls who can't be bothered to listen to NPC dialogue or read item descriptions and then come here and complain that the game didn't hand them a storyline on a silver platter.

well i dont really blame those people, cause half of those NPCs are either hidden and need certain details only found on darksouls wiki to be unlocked, or have two lines of worthless dialogue that doesnt really add to the "story"

a poorly told rpg story is a bad story in my book
---
#8Phantom0708Posted 3/17/2013 11:37:16 PM
serpentaurus posted...
A_German_spy posted...

well i dont really blame those people, cause half of those NPCs are either hidden and need certain details only found on darksouls wiki to be unlocked, or have two lines of worthless dialogue that doesnt really add to the "story"

>not looking for NPCs and reading dialogue

Wat r u, a casul?
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#9SSJPabsPosted 3/17/2013 11:39:23 PM
"Some are too imprisoned by narrative and plot that they risk predictability."

--Hidetaka Miyazaki

(Though I do think the ending could be better. At least have some closing narration to bookend things!)
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#10Cvdf3Posted 3/17/2013 11:41:45 PM
Phantom0708 posted...
serpentaurus posted...
A_German_spy posted...

>not looking for NPCs and reading dialogue

Wat r u, a casul?

I think this topic is supposed to be his "casual coming out" announcement. Congrats TC, you are brave ;)
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.