dark souls story is a joke (spoilers)

#131serpentaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:41:49 PM
Dabrikishaw15 posted...
I like this game, but I like the blind defenders even more. They're all so funny.

---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#132Cvdf3Posted 3/23/2013 7:57:19 PM
trololololol
bumping every time it falls off the front page. 500 is a pipe dream small fry
---
Capcom just announced and cancelled a new MegaMan game within the same hour...
#133Dex_PyromaniacPosted 3/23/2013 8:08:22 PM
I dunno guys, maybe its just because ive played these past 700 hours strictly for the PvP but the actual 'story' of dark souls didnt interest me too much, and the lore was also not my concern. Its probably because its been a while that i was so focused on how well made and 'put together' the game Im playing is, and all I could think of was 'FINALLY a game I play just to enjoy and theres no hassles, no needless bulls***, no 'story/plot driven' gameplay and all that'

For me it really was around the same level as good old castlevania - great gameplay but the story really is just 'GO KILL DARKULA!!11!' while here its a bit more complex but really the same message of 'GO KILL GWYN!', with smaller twists here and there.
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#134Cvdf3Posted 3/23/2013 8:14:37 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
I dunno guys, maybe its just because ive played these past 700 hours strictly for the PvP but the actual 'story' of dark souls didnt interest me too much, and the lore was also not my concern. Its probably because its been a while that i was so focused on how well made and 'put together' the game Im playing is, and all I could think of was 'FINALLY a game I play just to enjoy and theres no hassles, no needless bulls***, no 'story/plot driven' gameplay and all that'

For me it really was around the same level as good old castlevania - great gameplay but the story really is just 'GO KILL DARKULA!!11!' while here its a bit more complex but really the same message of 'GO KILL GWYN!', with smaller twists here and there.

BAM! This is the beauty of this game. 99% of the time I don't give two s**** a out the story (f*** you FarCry3 for not letting me skip your cut-scenes).
And in Dark Souls, if you don't care you don't have to (and I didn't for about 4 months); but the fact that there is "hidden" backstory actually intrigued me when I looked into it. Especially the fact that a lot of it is told through the ENVIRONMENTS.
Not goig to say From are geniuses or anything but they did some damn good stuff with the lore.
---
Capcom just announced and cancelled a new MegaMan game within the same hour...
#135serpentaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:07:00 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...

yeah buddy i actually like this game a lot, the story sucks but gameplay is still ok

try out Castlevania Curse of Darkness for PS2, that game is like dark souls but better
---
#136SurvivorTypePosted 3/24/2013 12:13:02 AM
Dark Souls doesn't have much in the way of an actual story though. Back story is different from actual plot progression, which is what a story is. It's not a bad game regardless, but Lore doesn't make up for it.

This thread reminds me why I like the game, but dislike the fanbase, cheers guys.
---
I may be a fool, but I intend to be a live fool. - Matrim Cauthon
#137serpentaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 12:18:38 PM
Marvel vs Capcom story must be huge then

because all those characters, each one with a backstory with the size of a 200pages book

okami, marvel universe, devil may cry, resident evil, darkstalkers, avengers, asgardians, etc, goddamn marvel vs capcom story* is huge :)
---
#138-KiloPosted 3/26/2013 12:26:39 PM
About as huge as your comprehension.
#139Cvdf3Posted 3/26/2013 12:34:39 PM
I like Okami. Good game.
---
A bladeless, thick mass of iron used for smashing.
#140Hero_DunbanPosted 3/26/2013 1:05:15 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
trololololol
bumping every time it falls off the front page. 500 is a pipe dream small fry

---
Feel the flow of battle!