Buying for PC and need some tips and answers

#1KyerofoxPosted 3/22/2013 3:50:44 PM
First off, is being invaded still filled with lightning weapon and OP Spell casters still a huge problem?
Is it now easier to find allies to summon? I remember playing on PS3 I would never find summon signs. Also is it possible to easily invite a friend to my world?

Whats the best way to build a tank thats still agile?

Whats the best overall item gift to start with?
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#2XIIIFinalPosted 3/22/2013 3:58:11 PM
If you're buying it for PC all you need to know is play offline or face infinite health hackers.
---
XBL ; Bakunetsu Break.
PSN ; OdinExEterna
#3YuenkuPosted 3/22/2013 3:59:33 PM
Lets see;
- There's invaders everywhere. If you linger in an area for too long in human form, you can expect an invader. But if you play through an area normally without grinding or anything, you likely won't be invaded in a low level area.
***If it is an invader in a low level ara, they will have a maxed out weapon 9.5 times out of 10.

- I see summon signs everywhere, provided you stay in the usual level ranges for the area.
***You can definitely summon people easily, but trying to find a specific friend takes abit of effort.

- You'll want High Vit to last long, High strength to wield a good Greatshield, and high endurance to still have good movement even with a greatshield's weight. Be aware that even with high defense, you'll still only be able to take 2-3 extra hits depending on what your up against. So you'll definitly want a greatshield to hide behind.

- Master Key is the only item worth starting with, unless your playing for the first time (it takes away part of the experience, but if you already played through once its amazing to choose)
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#4AIreadylnUsePosted 3/22/2013 4:01:40 PM
Low level invasions still exist. The fact that all of them have to kill 4K to low level invade guarantees they have op equipment, so unless you're lucky with the invades that's what they'll be using.
Match making is still ****, playing with friends is just as difficult as you remember.

Raise vitality and endurance put on equipment that gets you poise without putting you over 25% equipment burden. Grab a good early 100% physical block shield - heater is easiest, hollow and balder are also early alternatives if you don't mind farming, dragon crest is a possibility with master key. You can also grab Wolf's Ring fairly early on.

Master Key is the best gift technically. If you plan on going through the whole game anyways it only helps you get Astora's gear (somewhat overpowered for early game), a few one time only buffs and Havel's ring a bit earlier.

If you're a completionist you could grab the black fireballs and use those against the first boss to get a weapon you can otherwise miss if you're unlucky, but you'll get it for sure in NG+ so it's not really important. I'd still go with Master Key.

And you're on PC version, so anyone can do whatever whenever. You're probably setting yourself up for a bad time by playing online... though I'm not actually sure the % hackers make up of the pc community. Still one bad run with someone using a cursed weapon, or worse is going to set you back a lot.
#5Kyerofox(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 4:37:46 PM
Ah damn it... is there any way to refund steam bought stuff? -_- I shoulda looked up if there were hackers...
---
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#6CronauronPosted 3/22/2013 5:06:13 PM
I've played 6 characters on the PC, and been invaded numerous times. I have never run into a hacker. The stories about such are greatly exaggerated.
#7Dex_PyromaniacPosted 3/22/2013 5:07:26 PM
Hackers are 1 in 1000, PS3ers are exaggerating on something they never even experienced lol

If anything its xbox which is packed with hackers
---
Video games always break the fourth wall, theyre like 'Snake, push the SELECT button!' and Snakes probably like 'What the f***!?'
-lordofultima
#8TILlegion777Posted 3/22/2013 5:09:38 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
Hackers are 1 in 1000, PS3ers are exaggerating on something they never even experienced lol

If anything its xbox which is packed with hackers

I've encountered maybe one hacker in all my time on PC. There aren't really that many hackers on the xbox either. In my experience if PC is 1/1000 xbox is 1/100. People just b**** because they hear it from others.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#9Kyerofox(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:11:06 PM
Thanks for clearin that up

But I still can't play because I can't get a CD Key....
---
#10AIreadylnUsePosted 3/22/2013 5:13:21 PM
Fair enough. I assumed it was exaggerated, but never to that degree