Hardest overall boss in Dark Souls...?

#21DarkSouls28(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 4:15:22 AM
Snake_Gauntlet posted...
I haven't played the DLC but the only real trouble I've had is with O&S.

No way man!
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best! May it never change." "... And may it never change us." -Assassin's Creed II
#22SirWetBiscuitPosted 3/31/2013 5:25:59 AM
Four Kings usually gives me trouble simply because I usually can't dish out enough damage before the next king shows up; even with a fully upgraded weapon. They're incredibly easy to dodge and get hits on for me, but I feel rushed and my play gets sloppy once I have two kings on me. Without parries Gwyn is pretty tough.
---
Yes
#23MAST3R_INF3RN0Posted 3/31/2013 7:29:50 AM
King^4 or Manus
---
XBL GT: iiFaLCoN PAWNCH
PSN: iiFaLCoN_PAWNCH
#24Isaac_RedfieldPosted 3/31/2013 8:09:12 AM(edited)
Nitebreaker posted...
Manus gives me the most trouble.

Yeah, this. Although I would have probably said something similar about another boss had I not played the game as much as I have. Manus is still relatively new for me.

Honestly, I think I still have more problems with the giant knights in the O&S hall than any other enemies in the game.

Arc166 posted...
Sanctuary Guardian for me.

All my characters, except 1, are low vit glass cannons. Low end too. This guy never lets up, and unlike lolArty, he actually has more moves than 'Run close, trade hits, die'.

He can kill most of my chars in a single flying charge.

Yeah, it would probably be the second most difficult for me (but only with a low health character). I remember first trying it with a 10 vit character. If you're a caster type, it's not too terribly difficult--you just can't be on the edges of the water, you have to actually be closer to the middle so you can easily dodge his crap.
#25yarouPosted 3/31/2013 8:49:24 AM(edited)
Iron Golem.

I was thinking Ornstein and/or Smough, but Ornstein's armor is made of Gold, and I'm assuming Smough's is as well.
Since gold is softer than Iron, then even their giant forms, which aren't as big as the golem, O&S wouldn't make it.

I was considering Artorias, since his armor seems pretty sturdy, but even if it was a somewhat tougher material, the sheer size/ thickness of the Iron Golem's armor would probably make up for it.

The Gargoyles seem pretty brittle as their are, so certainly not them.

Most other bosses seem to be pretty flesh-y, so that leaves them out as well.

Even the strongest Dragon/ drake scales should be no match for giant thick plates of iron, specially since you can easily cut off their tails.

So yeah, it seems Iron Golem is the hardest boss.

Now the real question is who's the softest boss, Priscilla or Sif?
#26Lieutenant_FuzzPosted 3/31/2013 8:48:29 AM
^ lol
---
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?
#27DarkSouls28(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:06:35 AM
yarou posted...
Iron Golem.

I was thinking Ornstein and/or Smough, but Ornstein's armor is made of Gold, and I'm assuming Smough's is as well.
Since gold is softer than Iron, then even their giant forms, which aren't as big as the golem, O&S wouldn't make it.

I was considering Artorias, since his armor seems pretty sturdy, but even if it was a somewhat tougher material, the sheer size/ thickness of the Iron Golem's armor would probably make up for it.

The Gargoyles seem pretty brittle as their are, so certainly not them.

Most other bosses seem to be pretty flesh-y, so that leaves them out as well.

Even the strongest Dragon/ drake scales should be no match for giant thick plates of iron, specially since you can easily cut off their tails.

So yeah, it seems Iron Golem is the hardest boss.

Now the real question is who's the softest boss, Priscilla or Sif?

This has to be an April fools joke, right? ^^
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best! May it never change." "... And may it never change us." -Assassin's Creed II
#28liampancakesPosted 4/2/2013 4:08:05 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
O&S
If you don't parry Gwyn he would be up there. Seriously don't get why they let you...

Gwyn in NG+7 without parrying is like if you took Flamelurker, injected him with Deathsteroids, and then compressed him into a sword, and gave that sword to False King, then gave False King cocaine.

i've always killed gwyn with homing crystal soulmass in my ng+s. that is "without parrying" and much easier than killing him with ripostes without eating hits when you partial the fast swing and are then left struggling to position yourself behind a pillar to heal before you get divebombed. i know some people setup parry the fast combo but if you stand in front of him with your shield raised he'll just drain your entire stamina bar with a kick. i did solo melee him with ripostes once in ng+ after about 10 attempts just to prove i could but i'm still going to die 90% of the time i attmept it.

Arc166 posted...
Sanctuary Guardian for me.

All my characters, except 1, are low vit glass cannons. Low end too. This guy never lets up, and unlike lolArty, he actually has more moves than 'Run close, trade hits, die'.

He can kill most of my chars in a single flying charge.

i found sanctuary guardian hard until i started using a crossbow. and kept my shield raised at all times in between dodging. most of the damage i took from him was on his dive attacks that i couldn't react to fast enough. raised shield at all times when not firing the crossbow or dodging the lightning projectiles was what turned the fight from impossible to easy even at sL30 with base stamina and a wooden shield +7.

i feel like saying manus is the hardest but i haven't even made any legitimate attempt at solo meleeing him. the fast horizontal swipe is the only attack that makes him hard, but telling the difference between the windup on that attack and the slower vertical slam seems almost impossible. and it's another case of once you take one hit good luck finding a window to flask.

gwyn. o&s. manus. kalameet. only hard bosses.
#29St0ve1Posted 4/2/2013 4:34:28 AM
Depends on your build. If you are a tank, manus is a joke, but you will find Sanctuary guardian and kalameet to be pretty tough. If your fastrolling dex, Artorias is a complete joke, but manus is really hard. The 4 kings are easy as a tank, but near impossible as a dex charecter. So my final answer is: Foor a tank, probably kalameet, but dex charecter, Four kings is the hardest (just what i found from making both a tank and dodge guy. I said sanctuary guardian just because it is imposssible to hit him if you are a fat rolling tank.)
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
Official husband of cherche
#30moodyjm2Posted 4/2/2013 4:51:14 AM
St0ve1 posted...
Depends on your build. If you are a tank, manus is a joke, but you will find Sanctuary guardian and kalameet to be pretty tough. If your fastrolling dex, Artorias is a complete joke, but manus is really hard. The 4 kings are easy as a tank, but near impossible as a dex charecter. So my final answer is: Foor a tank, probably kalameet, but dex charecter, Four kings is the hardest (just what i found from making both a tank and dodge guy. I said sanctuary guardian just because it is imposssible to hit him if you are a fat rolling tank.)

Tank...in Dark Souls? Unless u mean using Havels Shield...
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.