Hardest overall boss in Dark Souls...?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Hardest overall boss in Dark Souls...?

User Info: AxelLysander

AxelLysander
3 years ago#31
I think he means high poise greatshield wielders that use hard hitting but slow weapons,or that's my take on it anyways.
PSN:AxelLysander

User Info: Arc166

Arc166
3 years ago#32
With Tarkus, Arty or Havel's greatshield I can tank the entirety of Manus' breakdance.

He doesn't even hurt me.

I would assume that's what he means.

Also with Havel's his spell where he basically throws pursuers at you does next to no damage.

Doesn't take long to kill as a strength char either; just spam Dragon Greatsword special. Does very high damage to him, is effectively infinite in use with repair powder, and is both fast enough and long-ranged enough to be safe 99% of the time.

Tanking is more or less limited to PVE, since BS>Greatshield/swinging a strength wep, and defense more or less doesn't work at all, but it does work wonderfully for PVE.

Also gets you summoned quick. I assume there are plenty of people looking for a wall.
Four Kings was probably the hardest for me. I've found Kalameet is only difficult if you're trying to cut off his tail.
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.

User Info: moodyjm2

moodyjm2
3 years ago#34
I always think of the traditional RPG tank of aggro'ing and taking damage...and we all know that absorbing damage in DS isn't a good strat :P Ha
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.

User Info: Arc166

Arc166
3 years ago#35
This is why you use a shield.

I take scratch damage from everything in the game, effectively without limits.

They also bounce off my shields, giving free hits.

Unfortunately this is really the only way to be a tank in co-op, since the high reqs and weight of a shield eat up your soul levels, leaving you with little left for vit.

I really wish there was more co-op where my tank actually feels like a proper tank, not a piece of paper hiding behind a wall.

User Info: Dagnoth

Dagnoth
3 years ago#36
Four Kings makes Dagnoth his b**** D =
IMPOSSIBRU!

User Info: cucumberking

cucumberking
3 years ago#37
Consistently Kalameet. Arty can end me in two seconds if I don't completely focus though.
Youtube: MilkmanYeti

User Info: Chao_Yun

Chao_Yun
3 years ago#38
St0ve1 posted...
Depends on your build. If you are a tank, manus is a joke, but you will find Sanctuary guardian and kalameet to be pretty tough. If your fastrolling dex, Artorias is a complete joke, but manus is really hard. The 4 kings are easy as a tank, but near impossible as a dex charecter. So my final answer is: Foor a tank, probably kalameet, but dex charecter, Four kings is the hardest (just what i found from making both a tank and dodge guy. I said sanctuary guardian just because it is imposssible to hit him if you are a fat rolling tank.)

You can go in the tunnel and shoot him to death. (S guard)
Forest trees are greener.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#39
Oh, right, when I said Gwyn without parrying, I meant melee. Magic does make...most everything easy eventually, sadly.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

User Info: Lutecat

Lutecat
3 years ago#40
Capra Demon, followed by actually fighting Ceaseless.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Hardest overall boss in Dark Souls...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived