Hardest overall boss in Dark Souls...?

#31AxelLysanderPosted 4/2/2013 3:56:00 AM
I think he means high poise greatshield wielders that use hard hitting but slow weapons,or that's my take on it anyways.
---
PSN:AxelLysander
#32Arc166Posted 4/2/2013 4:51:47 AM
With Tarkus, Arty or Havel's greatshield I can tank the entirety of Manus' breakdance.

He doesn't even hurt me.

I would assume that's what he means.

Also with Havel's his spell where he basically throws pursuers at you does next to no damage.

Doesn't take long to kill as a strength char either; just spam Dragon Greatsword special. Does very high damage to him, is effectively infinite in use with repair powder, and is both fast enough and long-ranged enough to be safe 99% of the time.

Tanking is more or less limited to PVE, since BS>Greatshield/swinging a strength wep, and defense more or less doesn't work at all, but it does work wonderfully for PVE.

Also gets you summoned quick. I assume there are plenty of people looking for a wall.
#33DifferentialEquationPosted 4/2/2013 4:52:49 AM
Four Kings was probably the hardest for me. I've found Kalameet is only difficult if you're trying to cut off his tail.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#34moodyjm2Posted 4/2/2013 5:25:41 AM
I always think of the traditional RPG tank of aggro'ing and taking damage...and we all know that absorbing damage in DS isn't a good strat :P Ha
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#35Arc166Posted 4/2/2013 5:37:34 AM
This is why you use a shield.

I take scratch damage from everything in the game, effectively without limits.

They also bounce off my shields, giving free hits.

Unfortunately this is really the only way to be a tank in co-op, since the high reqs and weight of a shield eat up your soul levels, leaving you with little left for vit.

I really wish there was more co-op where my tank actually feels like a proper tank, not a piece of paper hiding behind a wall.
#36DagnothPosted 4/2/2013 5:47:21 AM
Four Kings makes Dagnoth his b**** D =
---
IMPOSSIBRU!
#37cucumberkingPosted 4/2/2013 6:27:56 AM
Consistently Kalameet. Arty can end me in two seconds if I don't completely focus though.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti
#38Chao_YunPosted 4/2/2013 7:07:13 AM
St0ve1 posted...
Depends on your build. If you are a tank, manus is a joke, but you will find Sanctuary guardian and kalameet to be pretty tough. If your fastrolling dex, Artorias is a complete joke, but manus is really hard. The 4 kings are easy as a tank, but near impossible as a dex charecter. So my final answer is: Foor a tank, probably kalameet, but dex charecter, Four kings is the hardest (just what i found from making both a tank and dodge guy. I said sanctuary guardian just because it is imposssible to hit him if you are a fat rolling tank.)

You can go in the tunnel and shoot him to death. (S guard)
---
Forest trees are greener.
#39The moonlight knightPosted 4/2/2013 1:58:45 PM
Oh, right, when I said Gwyn without parrying, I meant melee. Magic does make...most everything easy eventually, sadly.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#40LutecatPosted 4/2/2013 2:01:49 PM
Capra Demon, followed by actually fighting Ceaseless.