Armor Help!

#1dragons-soulsPosted 3/31/2013 6:58:37 PM
Hey, so i'm rocking a quality 28/40 build (with 40 endurance), and am looking for good armor for PVP (PVE would be good too, but PVP is my priority).

I currently use a claymore, grass crest shield, and a bow that i forget the name of. I'm a fully melee character, and being able to roll properly is pretty important to me. How the armor looks doesn't really make too much of a difference for me. I generally try to 2-hand, so poise is important. I'm on NG+ so i have most armor sets and rings....i believe.

So i was wondering if someone could recommend good armor and rings for me given the above. It would be greatly appreciated!!

#2nCubed21Posted 3/31/2013 7:00:53 PM
Anything that looks good.
Armor doesn't mean anything if you aren't looking sexy.
Just wear whatever looks cool and lets you fast roll.
---
Praise the Sun!
#3Phantom0708Posted 3/31/2013 7:56:10 PM
Wear whatever light armor you want

If you want fast roll, chances are you aren't wanting to get hit

Though I'd put on a wolf ring for poise in case you do get hit

The Shadow Set is a good one, plus:

"It makes you look like a boss-ass ******* ninja." -epicnamebro
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#4dragons-souls(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:38:01 AM
Haha but doesnt having better armor end up helping you in a fight if you get hit. I think i'd rather do well in PVP rather than look good and die :/
#5Cvdf3Posted 4/1/2013 1:48:25 AM
Wolf Ring

But here are some of your typical min/max'd sets as well

head / chest / hands / legs
*note* 35 poise resists Katana wdr1 and 36 resists Greatsword 1hr1

head / Chain / Giant / Hollow Soldier Waistcloth (HSW)
36 poise

Gargoyle Helm / chest / Giant / HSW
36 poise

head / chest / Havel's / HSW
35 poise

head / Knight / Silver Knight / HSW
37 poise
---
A bladeless, thick mass of iron used for smashing.
#6Cvdf3Posted 4/1/2013 2:01:47 AM(edited)
Seriously feel free to mix up your armor though.

For looks (Fashion Souls...) I really like

Steel / chest / Giant / HSW
37 poise. Looks Greek. Although this is hardly different :P

Also
Thief / Balder / Giant / Brigand
37 poise.
---
A bladeless, thick mass of iron used for smashing.
#7Xion333Posted 4/1/2013 4:36:47 AM
well...if you don't want to bother learning how to dodge and be almost un-phasable...

wear giant's set with any of the family masks. As much as how bad it looks, it has good defenses and poise. You won't be able to fast roll with that set-up though unless you make your endurance past 40.

For cool set-ups though with fast rolling, mix the armor sets however you want. You just need the knight leggings, eastern gauntlets, and a wolf ring to get that magical 54 poise anyway.
---
SSBB FC: 4382- 1783- 4315 Name: Leaf
GC: Xion333
#8Xion333Posted 4/1/2013 4:46:36 AM
I use the
thief hood
chester's coat
eastern gauntlets
knight leggings

Weapon is mainly chaos blade and I use dark hand and pyro flame so my weight makes the cut.

I do add an SKS as a secondary weapon and with havel's ring I can still fast roll (I don't like using ring of favor and protection if I can help it because I want two free ring slots).

If I remove SKS, and change armor and leggings to wanderer's set I can fast roll just fine without havel's and can still add BSS/ gold tracer for a secondary weapon.

You can also switch armor to artorias' armor, lord's blade's gauntlets, and the starting leggings for the wanderer and you still look pretty knightly. Wear the gold-trimmed head piece to look like a nazghul ^O^. With the same weapons and havels ring I can still fast roll.
---
SSBB FC: 4382- 1783- 4315 Name: Leaf
GC: Xion333
#9dragons-souls(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:39:45 AM
Wow, thanks for all the help!
And so, would you said it's worth it to use Havel's ring to wear better armor? Or should i just stick with the RoFaP?
#10dragons-souls(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 11:29:23 AM
bump