I need tips on Sen's Fortress.

#1Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/1/2013 2:19:24 PM
Currently a level 60 using the Drake Sword. Last time I tried infiltrating the fortress I was a level 40 and got killed by the two reptalian knights. Now I'm about to do this again and any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#2PusleXDXDPosted 4/1/2013 2:31:02 PM
hi after going two times trough sen fortress i know it can be a real pain you just need to take it with pacience , sen fortress its not long just study each section and dont rush

my advice try to get a better wep because drake sword for your level its pretty poor

take a look to this guide it help me when i was going trough sen fortress http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Sen's+Fortress

goodluck bye
#3zyrax2301Posted 4/1/2013 2:31:42 PM
Your Drake Sword is weak against the serpent men (unless you've upgraded it), so personally I advise luring them into traps rather than fighting them.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4mgillgannonPosted 4/1/2013 2:32:41 PM
Well, you certainly don't need any more levels. The drake sword has pretty much outlived its usefulness by this point. Do you have the weapon upgrade thing figured out by now? A 60 or better stability shield would be helpful in taking abuse from the man-serpents. Speaking of which, repeat after me: Backstab, backstab, backstab.
---
When people say "The fact is..." they mean "My opinion is..."
#5HenryKazukaPosted 4/1/2013 2:36:47 PM
The first two serpents are tough your first time through, try luring them out and then activate the trap on the floor, if you are lucky the arrows should kill one of them.

The second bridge is a pain in the *** too because there's a mage shooting lighting at you. Go back to the first bridge and take him out with arrows/magic.

Good luck.
---
Persona! *blows his head off*
#6LamesyPosted 4/1/2013 2:49:24 PM(edited)
If you approach slowly from a bit left of center or a bit right, you should be able to aggro one at a time and pull them back. e.g. approach a bit from the right and the snake dude on left will spot you between pillars early.

edit to add: or get yourself some moderately upgraded pyromancy and chuck a great fireball when they join together.
#7R1masherPosted 4/1/2013 2:59:55 PM
Johnny Jon John Johnny Jon john johnny get rid of that fake sord and get a reel sword... Johnny
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#8Johnny_Jon_117(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 4:09:11 PM
Haha I guess it's the sword that's killing me. Is there a way I can upgrade it? If not can you guys tell me where the better swords are at. Thanks for answering so far!
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#9LamesyPosted 4/1/2013 4:22:09 PM
Hey I'm curious, can anybody see my message sign by the river in front of Sens? It's visible on the right when heading back toward the Parish bonfire, if you tilt camera down between the Sens-side bridge stairs and the river (which it disappears under when you get close).
I'm a little annoyed that nobody went down there to rate me up ;)
#10-KiloPosted 4/1/2013 4:24:45 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
Haha I guess it's the sword that's killing me. Is there a way I can upgrade it? If not can you guys tell me where the better swords are at. Thanks for answering so far!

You were using the base drake sword up to sl60? Jesus.

The drake sword isn't a great weapon upgraded or not. Almost all weapons can be upgraded, and after +5 you choose different paths depending on the skills you've allotted. I'd suggest looking at the wiki for upgrade paths as you should at least have +10 weapon by sl60, and I'm sure no one wants to sit here explaining the entire weapon upgrade system here.

As for what weapons are good, that's entirely dependent on what class/skills you have.