Let me get this straight.

#31aneed4peedPosted 4/2/2013 9:45:39 AM
With great power comes great responsibility.

Dom's intentions may very well be angelic and full of kittens and puppies, but in the end it is individual in this lovely community of Dark Souls that decides on how to use the mule, not Dom.

The efforts that he went through for the mule is commendable and I salute him... but he really should have thought about distributing the links to more trusted members of the community rather than just handing them out as charity to the entire world.

Oh well. What's done is done.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#32Mountaintop884Posted 4/2/2013 9:52:03 AM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
localizedfreedo posted...
Mr_Bankercat posted...
So, this guy Dom uploaded a save that starts you off with a **** ton of souls, all weapons and 5 spell sets, and you can warp wherever from start?

How is this a good thing?
You can say "Don't like it don't use it" but since tons of people are using it, you're going to have your ass handed to you most invasions.
Not to mention that this makes low-level griefing infinitely easier.

>guy does something out of the goodness of his heart
>gets railed on

You whiny kids need to get over it.

Are you kidding me?

So, this guy hacks the game, and allows everyone to use his save. That's out of the goodness of his heart? Sure, some could see it that way, but it's effectively destroyed any type of low-level PVP, or PVP in general for those who do not use it.

I could upload a torrent of a video game out of "the goodness of my heart". It doesn't make it any better.

And to those of you who say "loldealwititbrogitgud", sorry, but even for someone with skill, fighting an invader with +15 everything isn't exactly easy.

You could be farming for your main weapon when some a**hat with a lightning weapon just comes in and wrecks you.
---

This could have and did happen before the Dom save.

What did you do then? Not play online, no. Not play in human form, no. You went and picked up your stain and kept on farming. Shrugs.
#33AIreadylnUsePosted 4/2/2013 10:36:40 AM
This sounds fine to me. New players shouldn't be playing DkS online anyways.

Summoning was always a broken mechanic that allowed people to cheese their way through the only difficult parts of the game. Conversely invaders at low levels have always been equally broken beyond repair. Playing online in the early areas has always made the game more about luck then skill, it was like this the first week of the game, and I don't think a save file like this will change anything.

Hell, even DeS was the same where you were best off doing the PvE offline so that WT didn't get screwed up. If you want to enjoy PvE for the first time you'll have the best results playing offline and blind. If you want to coop PvE for the billionth time you can still do that just fine.

There's only two meaningful impacts this save-file might have:
1) It will allow people to make quick builds and foster exploration outside of extremely tried and true builds like dex-pyro. PvP will get a lot better.
2) More spell spam. This is also pretty inevitable. I kind of wish spell stacks were at most 3, and probably better at 2. Mules and bboxing was already pretty common, but true spell spamming required a lot of effort, now it will be common place. And yes it's beatable... but it also makes for terrible pvp.
3) Less pvp action at lower sls.
3) It will encourage save-editing because the groundwork is done and the files are in peoples hands.

1 and 2 are certainties... whether 4 catches on or stays in a small group... well we'll have to wait and see. I think the change is a big positive overall and will spark interest in a lot of jaded pve'rs.
#34Oh_HelloPosted 4/2/2013 11:01:16 AM
Love-Wilcox posted...
PHoToS999 posted...
Because it allows us to escape the tedium of build creation and immediately go to the fun parts.

I'm hoping someone can find a way to remove all enemies and bosses. Killng those guys in order to enjoy pvp is so damn tedious.

that's how the next game should be, an express battle grounds souls game.
boss mode for single and co-op, and PvP mode for 1 vs 1, 4 vs 4, whatever.

like the arena, but better.
why bother making a gigantic complicated world that nobody wants to go through? waste of resources.
and waiting 20 mins. for an invasion.. ugh

lobbies FTW
#35Love-WilcoxPosted 4/2/2013 12:08:31 PM
Oh_Hello posted...
Love-Wilcox posted...
PHoToS999 posted...
Because it allows us to escape the tedium of build creation and immediately go to the fun parts.

I'm hoping someone can find a way to remove all enemies and bosses. Killng those guys in order to enjoy pvp is so damn tedious.

that's how the next game should be, an express battle grounds souls game.
boss mode for single and co-op, and PvP mode for 1 vs 1, 4 vs 4, whatever.

like the arena, but better.
why bother making a gigantic complicated world that nobody wants to go through? waste of resources.
and waiting 20 mins. for an invasion.. ugh

lobbies FTW

Yeah dude, I mean I know I can play games like Tekken or Street Fighter for online fighting and pvp but I'd much rather play a really amazing game with a really unique online system and then ignore all of that brilliance because all I really care about is pvp and anyone who wants to play this games the way it was designed is a scrub who can't even roll bs 5 consecutive pursuers. Get gud.
---
Flow: 68
PSN: Love-Wilcox
#36moodyjm2Posted 4/2/2013 12:20:57 PM
duh, Dark Souls is PvP-only.

It was clearly intended this way, and everything is an afterthought. Hacking, modding, etc. is perfectly fine if it adheres to this rule. Every single player must obey the PvP-mindset or else Dark Souls is not for them.

/sarcasm, duh
---
This is a rock and roll takeover, living each day one night at a time.
#37liampancakesPosted 4/2/2013 12:58:13 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
localizedfreedo posted...
Mr_Bankercat posted...
So, this guy Dom uploaded a save that starts you off with a **** ton of souls, all weapons and 5 spell sets, and you can warp wherever from start?

How is this a good thing?
You can say "Don't like it don't use it" but since tons of people are using it, you're going to have your ass handed to you most invasions.
Not to mention that this makes low-level griefing infinitely easier.

>guy does something out of the goodness of his heart
>gets railed on

You whiny kids need to get over it.

Are you kidding me?

So, this guy hacks the game, and allows everyone to use his save. That's out of the goodness of his heart? Sure, some could see it that way, but it's effectively destroyed any type of low-level PVP, or PVP in general for those who do not use it.

do you even play this game, dude?
what delusional world are you living in where most low level invaders don't have fully upgraded elemental weapons/pyro flame? are you seriously sitting around hosting with starting gear fighting invaders who have the same? this doesn't exist. what are you talking about?

i think it's bizarre that anyone thinks doing multiple new game plusses was ever a barrier for someone who wanted to make a magic spam build. it has always been rare to encounter someone with wog or dark bead who didn't have multiple attunements of the spell. again i ask what delusional world you've been living in where this wasn't already the case. the mega mule will change absolutely nothing.
#38New-Dusk117Posted 4/2/2013 1:08:41 PM
Meh, I don't mind this at all. It allows me to be giant dad without having to do all that work for a character I'm going to get bored of quickly because I prefer actual competition in pvp. It also allows me to test out builds to see if I want to take those paths on my normal account.
---
Rolling around in light armor makes me a happy Duskeh
#39Mr_Bankercat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 9:56:36 AM
You know something? I've got to say, I've really changed my tune. I don't mind the mule any more.

If it increases activity, then why not? I don't think it's right for lower builds, but for SL120+, I think it's a good thing.

Huh. A changed opinion on the Internet.
#40localizedfreedoPosted 4/3/2013 12:05:40 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
You know something? I've got to say, I've really changed my tune. I don't mind the mule any more.

If it increases activity, then why not? I don't think it's right for lower builds, but for SL120+, I think it's a good thing.

Huh. A changed opinion on the Internet.

Oh lawd
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls