Enemy HP for New Game Plus (+) / NG+2 / NG+3 / etc

#1Brian_WattersPosted 4/2/2013 6:47:19 AM
For Dark Souls, does anyone have reliable information regarding enemy HP as a function of New Game Plus (NG+) vs NG++, NG+3, etc?

I've read that souls gained from defeating an enemy is:
NG+ = 100%
NG++ = 107%
NG+3 = 110%
NG+4 = 114%
NG+5 = 119%
NG+6 (or higher) = 125%

I am on NG++ near soul level (SL) 240, and 107% seems correct for soul increase, so I assume the %'s for higher +'s are also correct. But it would be appreciated if someone who has reached NG+6 or higher could actually confirm 125%.

More importantly, do the same % apply to enemy HP as well, or is it different? I'm farming Phalanx for souls using Wrath of the Gods (WOTG). I can still one hit KO (OHKO) them while equipped with: Symbol of Avarice (+20% souls helmet), Covetous Silver Serpent Ring (+20% souls), Ring of the Sun's Firstborn (+25% miracle damage), and no armor (<25% load). These items MUST be equipped for best soul gains, so please don't suggest Crown of Dusk etc., although I could have possibly overlooked something.

In NG+ each Phalanx has ~524 HP. In NG++ ~560 HP. Therefore, 7% increase in HP seems accurate. I deal 603 damage with WOTG, and have no way to increase damage without sacrificing two +20% souls benefits. For "ideal" farming, by my calculation I should advance no further than NG+4, at which point Phalanx should have ~597 HP and I can just barely OHKO.

By killing the SINGLE hollow and group of Phalanx and repeating, I gain 3 million souls per hour. If you have a more productive soul farming location (PVP is NOT reliable), or trick that still works after the latest patch, feel free to mention as well.

I don't want to advance to a NG+X where I can't OHKO the Phalanx, since it would make soul farming drastically less efficient due to WOTG scattering them around. Any help regarding enemy HP vs new game plus advancement will be appreciated. If any of you are at a high NG+ level, simply stating your NG+ level and testing Phalanx HP would be very helpful.
#2Quints3Posted 4/2/2013 7:43:09 AM
Im on NG+5.
They have a little over 600 hp.
Best way to kill them and remain quick and efficient in farming runs:

Ascended Flame +5 and Fire Tempest.
---
The end is now starting, Oh, so please just take your seat, And live your last moments waving goodbye, desperately. PSN: Quints3
#3Brian_Watters(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 7:58:48 AM
Quints3 posted...
Im on NG+5.
They have a little over 600 hp.
Best way to kill them and remain quick and efficient in farming runs:

Ascended Flame +5 and Fire Tempest.

Thanks very much for confirming Phalanx HP at high NG level.

I will give Fire Tempest a shot and see how the souls per hour turns out. It depends on the spell's speed and its ability to hit & kill all of them in 1 or 2 shots. With WOTG I kill them all in one shot about 1/3 of the time (luck), and 2 shots 2/3 of the time. If Fire Tempest is able to kill them quickly at NG+6, then that's a winner.

By my calc (not confirmed) they would have around 623 HP on NG+5. Are you able to get "overkills" (+20% souls) using Pyro spells (while still being equipped with Avarice + Silver Serpent)?
#4Quints3Posted 4/2/2013 8:19:29 AM
Quite honestly my soul meter fills up so quickly I don't even notice if im getting extra or not.
I just did some testing. Found that with just the Serpent Ring on in one run from fire-3hollows-phalanx-back.
I got 23076

Then I used Serpent Ring and Symbol
i got 25971

However swap out SoA for Dusk Crown and
I got 27066

Also youll need poise to not get knocked out of the animation cast.
---
The end is now starting, Oh, so please just take your seat, And live your last moments waving goodbye, desperately. PSN: Quints3
#5Quints3Posted 4/2/2013 8:27:16 AM
I timed my runs as well and got ~47sec average a run. Once you find the sweet spot to cast youll be able to OHKO then(technically speaking its more than one hit, but its one cast)
---
#6turtle225Posted 4/2/2013 8:32:12 AM
Wouldn't you be better off just sticking to where you are? The time it would take to get to further new game cycles would not be made up in the more efficient farming.
---
,=,e
#7Quints3Posted 4/2/2013 8:44:51 AM
turtle225 posted...
Wouldn't you be better off just sticking to where you are? The time it would take to get to further new game cycles would not be made up in the more efficient farming.

Personally it doesn't take that much time to go further in ng cycles. Also more souls over all from all enemies. I also think TC was probably planning on going into more cycles he just wanted to know for when he gets there. Meaning should he max out now or can he do it later.
---
#8Brian_Watters(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 9:18:31 AM
Quints3 posted...
Personally it doesn't take that much time to go further in ng cycles. Also more souls over all from all enemies. I also think TC was probably planning on going into more cycles he just wanted to know for when he gets there. Meaning should he max out now or can he do it later.

That's correct... I will eventually go through exactly 9 NG+ cycles to be able to attune 10 of a single spell (if I feel like it, for PVP). Anything after 9 NG+ is kinda pointless to me other than just to have fun, or if I accidentally messed up a covenant or key NPC. I've got a decent path laid out where I get all items I want (spells / slabs / etc) so that each NG+ run takes around 10-ish hours to play through and collect all the unique items.

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to gain roughly 200 million souls (yes, 200 million), and I realized that by going through too many NG+ cycles I might "pass" the optimal point. It's worth spending an hour (at the office ha) figuring it out if it saves me several hours of grinding later.

Your results from swapping Avarice with Dusk Crown and getting more souls (?) is very interesting. Something odd may be going on with the overkill calculation that I wasn't aware of. I thought overkill only gave +20% souls, so it should in theory be a tossup between Avarice or Dusk Crown, assuming Dusk Crown gives you perfect overkill. I will experiment with this.