Changing consoles?

#1ArchemicionPosted 4/2/2013 12:37:19 PM
Hello, I'm from the XBOX forum ^^ Anyway, undoubtedly, Dark Souls on the XBOX there are thousands of modders, gankers, dicks, and stupid people in general...

I have a chance of buyng the PS3 (Maybe even the Ps4 :P) in mid-july... I'm here to ask you if this game, and the Playstation in general is worth it... I'm aware that on the PS3 there are more Japanese and serious Hackers, as well as the recent Mega Mule, so I'm really unsure here...

Please, I don't want to create a war between consoles, not even flaming, I just want to know if it's worth at all to buy the PS3 AND Dark Souls, and even possibly Demon Souls as well :P
---
Shows that we ain't gonna stand, Shows that we are united, Shows that we ain't gonna take it...
#2boodgenuminusPosted 4/2/2013 12:42:04 PM
If you're considering buying a PS3 for Dark Souls, then it's worth it to buy one strictly for Demon's Souls.

Dunno if that made sense...
#3SlashBeerPosted 4/2/2013 12:42:33 PM
Coming from someone who just bought one last month, I think it was definitely worth it. It seems like there are more people in some areas (maybe its just me) and the only thing thats really different from Xbox is the latency (parry windows and such). And I'd say definitely get demons souls if you can.
#4GixenPosted 4/2/2013 12:45:51 PM
Archemicion posted...
Hello, I'm from the XBOX forum ^^ Anyway, undoubtedly, Dark Souls on the XBOX there are thousands of modders, gankers,

Don´t know what you´re talking about.,..
I´ve just got explained for me when criticizing the mule that this wasn´t a problem on the xbox/pc....
---
PSN: Gixen99
#5TILlegion777Posted 4/2/2013 1:22:18 PM
Gixen posted...
Archemicion posted...
Hello, I'm from the XBOX forum ^^ Anyway, undoubtedly, Dark Souls on the XBOX there are thousands of modders, gankers,

I´ve just got explained for me when criticizing the mule that this wasn´t a problem on the xbox/pc....

It's not a large problem. There's definitely people who complain, however there's also people who complain about it on the PS3, which has far fewer. The point is not that they don't exist, but that the community still works and has not ended. Which is the argument I see far too often.

I freely admit cheating = bad. I will not concede cheating = game is ruined.

Onto the main point: I wouldn't say it's ever worth a console for just a game or two. However, if you plan to buy other PS games (Metal Gear, LBP, whatever) then it definitely is. If all that interests you PS3 wise is Souls, I'd say not.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#6newjerseyplayerPosted 4/2/2013 1:25:28 PM
Well, PS3 online is free. So, that's a plus :)

Other than that, we have cookies, and a relatively active Dark Souls online player base.
---
PSN: rjlikestv, Alt PSN: matt_2143, alt PSN #2: aalltt_1234
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour.
#7Archemicion(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 1:56:51 PM
TILlegion777 posted...
Gixen posted...
Archemicion posted...

It's not a large problem. There's definitely people who complain, however there's also people who complain about it on the PS3, which has far fewer. The point is not that they don't exist, but that the community still works and has not ended. Which is the argument I see far too often.

I freely admit cheating = bad. I will not concede cheating = game is ruined.

Onto the main point: I wouldn't say it's ever worth a console for just a game or two. However, if you plan to buy other PS games (Metal Gear, LBP, whatever) then it definitely is. If all that interests you PS3 wise is Souls, I'd say not.

I don't thinkthose things ruin the entire game... It just bothers me a little that I have to be aware that every fight has a chance of the host popping a Divine Blessing or TWoP... At least, Estus will cease to exist in DK2 :D

And yes, of course, if I do gety my hands on the PS3, I will certainly buy all the games I was frustated was exclusive to the console, such as GoW and the KH Recollection :P

I just wanted to check if this was the best buy, or if I should buy something else, like another game... Thank you guys!

Yeah, the free online is sure tempting... And I accept the free cookie!

Also, off-topic, And the PS4? I know really nothing about it, but like the others, will it play other PS games and DLCs? I'm interested... :D
---
Shows that we ain't gonna stand, Shows that we are united, Shows that we ain't gonna take it...
#8dantedeschain13Posted 4/2/2013 2:01:25 PM
Throwing this out there, if you are NA and you get PS Plus, Demon's Souls is gonna be free this month
#9TILlegion777Posted 4/2/2013 2:01:31 PM
Archemicion posted...
Also, off-topic, And the PS4? I know really nothing about it, but like the others, will it play other PS games and DLCs? I'm interested... :D

PS4 will not be backwards compatible at all, even with downloaded items. However apparently it will be able to stream games lives from older consoles, so this may or may not replicate some form of BC if you can turn in your games for streaming access. Which seems unlikely, but maybe. :/
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#10boodgenuminusPosted 4/2/2013 2:16:52 PM
dantedeschain13 posted...
Throwing this out there, if you are NA and you get PS Plus, Demon's Souls is gonna be free this month

to piggyback on this, i just bought a new ps3 that came with a year's subscription to ps+. i think the other ps3 bundles all come with at least a month though.