This or Demon's Souls first?

#1ValkyreoPosted 4/5/2013 11:17:31 AM
Which to start first? I am new player and don't have any experience with Souls games so maybe it would be the best to start with the easier one?

Thanks!
#2LutecatPosted 4/5/2013 11:18:55 AM
They're about the same level of difficulty. Each have various parts that are harder in general than the other.

I'd start with DeS, just for the complete experience. I like DkS better, though.
#3YourWifeAndKidsPosted 4/5/2013 11:23:28 AM
I would actually recommend the opposite. Dark Souls is overall a much more polished game (which isn't saying a ton; after playing both of them literally dozens of times, I've realized neither is all that polished - I'm not saying they're not great, trust me, they are). If you play Dark Souls first, I believe you'll appreciate what Demon's Souls offers more than if you'd started with it instead. With that said, Dark Souls also makes you hate the upgrade system implemented in Demon's Souls.

Ultimately, it's a toss-up, but I'd still recommend Dark before Demon's.
#4MAST3R_INF3RN0Posted 4/5/2013 11:44:17 AM
Start with Demon's Souls so you can appreciate the references to it in Dark Souls when you get to it,
---
XBL GT: iiFaLCoN PAWNCH
PSN: iiFaLCoN_PAWNCH
#5YuenkuPosted 4/5/2013 12:12:39 PM
Dark souls is the more refined of the two. If you are going to play both, play Demon's Souls first. Otherwise, you might have difficulty getting "into" the game if you go backwards.

If you're just going to play one of them, then take Dark Souls.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#6Kiljaboy101Posted 4/5/2013 12:31:35 PM
YourWifeAndKids posted...
I would actually recommend the opposite. Dark Souls is overall a much more polished game (which isn't saying a ton; after playing both of them literally dozens of times, I've realized neither is all that polished - I'm not saying they're not great, trust me, they are). If you play Dark Souls first, I believe you'll appreciate what Demon's Souls offers more than if you'd started with it instead. With that said, Dark Souls also makes you hate the upgrade system implemented in Demon's Souls.

Ultimately, it's a toss-up, but I'd still recommend Dark before Demon's.

This is exactly what I did, and I believe that it helped the demons souls experience a lot. It also makes demons souls a hell of a lot easier.
---
GT:Kiljaboy The only easy day was yesterday." - U.S. Navy SEALs motto
PSN:Kiljaboy
#7Necro_Fear89Posted 4/5/2013 12:45:11 PM
Demon's Souls, every Souls series fan should play that game no matter what platform you played Dark Souls in. I played Demon's Souls first back when it first released, prefer it over Dark Souls myself but yes you should play DeS first. Make sure to learn about Character and World Tendency as well, also keep in mind that you climb up and down ladders VERY slowly in DeS lol
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#8Hero_DunbanPosted 4/5/2013 2:32:14 PM
Yuenku posted...
Dark souls is the more refined of the two. If you are going to play both, play Demon's Souls first. Otherwise, you might have difficulty getting "into" the game if you go backwards.

If you're just going to play one of them, then take Dark Souls.

This.
---
Feel the flow of battle!
#9altrichPosted 4/5/2013 2:57:59 PM
I played Dark first then Demon.. And I actually like Demon a little bit more than Dark.
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?