Do you guys think there's any

#1DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 4/5/2013 7:49:50 PM
Secrets left for us to uncover?
Ive played this game more than all of the games I've played this generation combined, I've pretty much went through the game with magnifying glass. Can't seem to find anything new, not even more lore stuff.
---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
#2xCloudyxPosted 4/5/2013 8:26:57 PM
I like to still think that the pendant has some impossible to find secret to it. That's only what I like to think. Something only Miyazaki himself knows about!
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0O1sH1N6n4
#3xsniper90xPosted 4/5/2013 8:28:59 PM
ever saw those messages that say "Try jumping"?

well? did you?
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD
psn: hitman555z
#4FoaloalPosted 4/5/2013 8:40:29 PM
I still wonder what the purpose of the Darksign is. I always thought maybe you're supposed to use it after killing Gwyn if you're sided with Kaathe, but I've never actually tried it.
#5xsniper90xPosted 4/5/2013 8:47:43 PM
Foaloal posted...
I still wonder what the purpose of the Darksign is. I always thought maybe you're supposed to use it after killing Gwyn if you're sided with Kaathe, but I've never actually tried it.

if i remember correctly, which im sure i do, there is a description for it. and im sure theres a description for other items too, like perhaps weapons, armour, items... you know, items in the game like the darksign.
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD
#6Phantom0708Posted 4/5/2013 8:53:26 PM
Foaloal posted...

It's the homeward bone except you lose all souls and humanity on a blood stain
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#7WafalafaugusPosted 4/5/2013 9:01:48 PM
Phantom0708 posted...
Foaloal posted...

Demon's Souls had a similar item as well. It's a get home quick item that makes you lose all your souls. Why would you need it? Who knows, maybe you're lazy or got stuck or something.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#8FoaloalPosted 4/5/2013 9:28:34 PM
xsniper90x posted...
if i remember correctly, which im sure i do, there is a description for it. and im sure theres a description for other items too, like perhaps weapons, armour, items... you know, items in the game like the darksign.

WHAT?! You mean items have a description?! Wow, I didn't know that, thanks for the education.

Phantom0708 posted...

I know what it's effect is, but there really isn't any purpose to it. You get homeward bones from most bosses so it's not like you'll ever need it. Have you ever used it? I haven't.

Wafalafaugus posted...
Demon's Souls had a similar item as well. It's a get home quick item that makes you lose all your souls. Why would you need it? Who knows, maybe you're lazy or got stuck or something.

Interesting, I never played Demon's so I wasn't aware. I still can't imagine there ever being a realistic situation where somebody would want to use it, except for the "I somehow can't get to my bloodstain and I don't have a homeward bone and I can't walk back to the bonfire to heal but I think I'll be able to make it to my bloodstain next time even though I couldn't this time".

I just felt like maybe it had a hidden purpose. I'm sure it doesn't or else somebody would have discovered it already, but it seems like such an odd item since it really is never beneficial to use it unless you're stuck in the geometry (never happened to me) and you have no dung pies or homeward bones.
#9The moonlight knightPosted 4/5/2013 9:39:52 PM
The purpose, from a gameplay perspective, is a failsafe to prevent people from getting permanently stuck. Since the game autosaves over every tiny thing, if you somehow glitched into somewhere that you can't get out of, and have no way to warp to a bonfire, nor any way to kill yourself, well, you'd be trapped, end of character. That is like, the root gameplay reason to include such an item.

I do recall it being possible to get stuck in Great Hollow like that, too, though it may have been fixed.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#10xsniper90xPosted 4/5/2013 9:43:40 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
The purpose, from a gameplay perspective, is a failsafe to prevent people from getting permanently stuck. Since the game autosaves over every tiny thing, if you somehow glitched into somewhere that you can't get out of, and have no way to warp to a bonfire, nor any way to kill yourself, well, you'd be trapped, end of character. That is like, the root gameplay reason to include such an item.

I do recall it being possible to get stuck in Great Hollow like that, too, though it may have been fixed.

i highly doubt its possible to get stuck in places. theres always a way to kill yourself. ledge, enemy using range attacks.

but yea, darksign is basically the suicide button.
---