Do you guys think there's any

#21Hellfire-1Posted 4/6/2013 9:31:57 AM
Wafalafaugus posted...
Phantom0708 posted...
Foaloal posted...
I still wonder what the purpose of the Darksign is. I always thought maybe you're supposed to use it after killing Gwyn if you're sided with Kaathe, but I've never actually tried it.

It's the homeward bone except you lose all souls and humanity on a blood stain

Demon's Souls had a similar item as well. It's a get home quick item that makes you lose all your souls. Why would you need it? Who knows, maybe you're lazy or got stuck or something.

I ran in one direction in the Abyss for ages lol, and got thoroughly lost. Had no homeward bone, so it was the only time I used the dark sign XD.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#22Necro_Fear89Posted 4/6/2013 11:04:09 AM
Sometimes I wonder if there is a secret Illusionary wall that we don't know about, how would you know if we know them all? Have you hit every single wall in every single area of the game?
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#23lucky_sharm19Posted 4/6/2013 11:34:26 AM
xsniper90x posted...
The moonlight knight posted...
The purpose, from a gameplay perspective, is a failsafe to prevent people from getting permanently stuck. Since the game autosaves over every tiny thing, if you somehow glitched into somewhere that you can't get out of, and have no way to warp to a bonfire, nor any way to kill yourself, well, you'd be trapped, end of character. That is like, the root gameplay reason to include such an item.

I do recall it being possible to get stuck in Great Hollow like that, too, though it may have been fixed.

i highly doubt its possible to get stuck in places. theres always a way to kill yourself. ledge, enemy using range attacks.

but yea, darksign is basically the suicide button.

It is possible to get stuck in some places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT2IxekzXJo
---
PSN: GSPhantom
But really, it's a battlefield! How do you compassionately stab someone?
#24LordkeybladePosted 4/6/2013 12:29:57 PM
darksign is for people who dont have homeward bones but are fked and need to get back to the bonfire. Its basically dying but you keep human status just not humanity.
---
With the new patch, Trusty Patches is now 50% more trusty.
Also im the official Chaos Rapier of the Dark Souls Boards.
#25DayManUHuhUUUHH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 3:38:22 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Sometimes I wonder if there is a secret Illusionary wall that we don't know about, how would you know if we know them all? Have you hit every single wall in every single area of the game?

I actually started a character to do this, but I got bored by the time I got to the gargoyles lol. It would be insane if someone actually hit every single piece of wall in the game. I'm insane for getting to the church hitting every wall.
---
"Did you f my mom, Santa?"
#26The moonlight knightPosted 4/6/2013 9:32:15 PM
It seems unlikely there are secrets left with how much hackers have already found.

Unless From thought ahead about hackers and specifically disguised some in-game secret so hackers wouldn't find it. If that's even possible.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)