I need some tips for a SL1 run (spoilers)

#1jlh28532Posted 4/7/2013 10:36:26 AM
So yesterday I started a SL1 run and made some good progress:
*every boss up to Carpa is dead
*Dusk is freed
*Lutrec is dead
*Havel has been rocked

For weapons, the only good thing I can use is the reinforced club so I got multiples of those to use with mutiple elements (Fire for general use, Lighting for Lost Izaliah, and Divine for Catacombs/TotG)

the only things I have no idea what to use are is a shield, armor, and rings.

Currenlty I am using a +7 Spider shield, Elite Knight Body/Arms/Legs, Dusk's crown (did some tests and it does boosy Pyromancy), and Havel's Ring

So far, it's not as difficult as I expected and it also helps that a SL1 Pyromancer can also use basic sorceries
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on Gamefaqs.
#2ZoosIVXXPosted 4/7/2013 10:44:12 AM
Ring of favor and protection would probably help you out a lot, it does break when removed though
---
Widdly scuds
PSN:ZoosIVXX
#3jlh28532(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 10:48:49 AM
ZoosIVXX posted...
Ring of favor and protection would probably help you out a lot, it does break when removed though

I have used it before on other files but I have no idea if a SL1 would require using multiple rings outside of being forced to use Arotias' Covenant for 4 Kings
---
#4GixenPosted 4/7/2013 10:56:19 AM
IŽd recommend NOT using RoFaP unless you REALLY think youŽll need it. Having 2 free slots at sl1 is very useful.

As for shield: Heater shield, or Balder Shield for even more stability (more weight though).
Would go with Knight armor instead of Elite Knight to save some equip load.
---
PSN: Gixen99
#5wokiboy67Posted 4/7/2013 11:12:24 AM
Never tried it, but a SL 1 character against ornstein & smough must be a pain in the behind.
---
Never forgive,never forget.
#6SteamyPunkPosted 4/7/2013 11:28:17 AM
wokiboy67 posted...
Never tried it, but a SL 1 character against ornstein & smough must be a pain in the behind.

Nah, max pyro wrecks them in like 3 hits.
#7GixenPosted 4/7/2013 2:10:06 PM
wokiboy67 posted...

Easiest way is to pyro Ornstein and then use the Light Crossbow behind the pillar on Fatso.
---
PSN: Gixen99
#8DevioyzPosted 4/7/2013 5:15:55 PM
Get a balder shield. Armour doesnt matter at all, i only wear pants and the crown of dusk.
#9zyrax2301Posted 4/7/2013 5:41:05 PM
I used the Grass Crest Shield and avoided the RoFAP as always. My rings were Havel and whatever-plate ring for a boost to various defenses as required. Handaxe was my weapon of choice, but the Reinforced Club is probably the best option.

I played most of the game using a mix of Bandit and Sorceror's gear, which I maxed out eventually but I still had to deal with a lot of one-hit-kills. The best advice I can offer is to just persevere and try to adjust your gear to make things easier as you go. There's no single answer for an entire run...and it's fun to work things out for yourself. Not so fun to farm materials, but ya do what ya gotta do.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#10jlh28532(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:07:37 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Not so fun to farm materials, but ya do what ya gotta do.

Just had to do that.

Progress update:
*Pinwheel dead
*summoned Beatrice to assist on Moonlight Butterfly
*farmed the **** out of the leeches in Blight Town to get enough Green Titanite to get a +5 Divine and +5 Fire clubs. Spider shield is also up to +10 now
---