NG+7: How difficult is it?

#1Morpheus51Posted 4/7/2013 5:33:09 PM
I've never played all the way through to NG+7, so I've decided to do it. I've limited myself to SL150 just for the challenge. Basically, what kind of damage am I looking at from enemies and how does it compare to regular NG?
---
"Sad... so sad. A host of sorrows... and you are one of them." - The Sorrow, MGS3.
#2WafalafaugusPosted 4/7/2013 5:37:31 PM
When you get hit by a dredgling you take so much damage that not only will you die, but as soon as you revive there will be leftover damage that will kill you again and make you lose your bloodstain.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#3szathmabPosted 4/7/2013 5:38:09 PM
50 vit a torch zombie will pretty much 2 shot you.
---
PSN:ALLHAILHK
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#4Morpheus51(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 5:47:42 PM
Nice! I look forward to it.
---
"Sad... so sad. A host of sorrows... and you are one of them." - The Sorrow, MGS3.
#5AIreadylnUsePosted 4/7/2013 8:34:36 PM
Wafalafaugus posted...
When you get hit by a dredgling you take so much damage that not only will you die, but as soon as you revive there will be leftover damage that will kill you again and make you lose your bloodstain.

Best idea ever. Please put in DkSII, overkill = bloodstain lost. Man that would be awful.
#6Vita_AeternaPosted 4/7/2013 8:43:42 PM
I'm on NG+5 currently...

I'll get to it...

someday
#7m415mikePosted 4/7/2013 9:17:57 PM
I don't think it is that bad. I am up to NG+4 or +5 on one of my characters, and I haven't noticed a huge spike in difficulty. The jump from NG to NG+ seems bigger than NG+ to NG+4 or 5.

I do want to get there and have NG+7 NPC phantoms fight invaders. Those phantoms must be ridiculously powerful at that stage.
#8Quints3Posted 4/7/2013 10:49:52 PM
^^They have like 9000 hp and hit like a truck.
---
The end is now starting, Oh, so please just take your seat, And live your last moments waving goodbye, desperately. PSN: Quints3
#9GixenPosted 4/7/2013 11:06:56 PM
With 40 vit and i think i also had RoFaP and Mask of Mother (not sure), best fire resist armor, flash sweat, the fire AoE from Bed of Chaos almost killed me at ng+7. I would have died in ng+8 if the damage continued to rise.
---
PSN: Gixen99
#10The moonlight knightPosted 4/8/2013 12:05:50 AM
It's balanced in such a way that it's going to be harder than NG was, with you with fully upgraded stuff and peak stats.

Early stuff won't be as hard as NG was though. Like, in a first playthrough, the stuff at first is pretty strong. Well, some of it. And as you go, you're likely to get to a point where you can start one-shotting even fairly tough enemies.

In NG+7, even with peak scaling stats and +15 weapons, it's much harder to just casually one-shot most stuff. And most bosses have considerably more staying power, so it'll be more of a test of how well you can handle them. Some bosses still go down pretty fast though.

So long as you have the gear and levels and familiarity, it should be manageable. The biggest thing to worry about is that later game cycles just cut you less slack for stuff people might rely on, like poisetanking, or underestimating weaklings (people really aren't kidding about the torch dreglings), or relying on split damage weapons in general. Or pyromancy. Pyromancy can still be plenty good, but, well, you'll need some equipment boosting spell damage and/or power within for it to still be serviceable most of the time.

Still, perfectly possible to kill NG+7 4 Kings with only pyromancy. Not my first choice of attack for them though.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)