F*** this game

#1borochadwicsaysPosted 4/8/2013 9:52:27 PM(edited)
Got cursed in the sewers.... instant death, LOL. Ran all the way from sewer bonfire to bell tower without stopping or dying with 1/2 my health due to curse. Finally made it to farthest point in the whole entire game, and when I went to use nameless soldier souls, to buy purging stone, I accidentally firebombed the cleric. I tried to instantly quit, but it was too late. Now I have my only save with me having aggro'd the only guy who can heal my curse reliably or un-aggro any other characters or HIMSELF, and to top it off I re-spawned all the way back in the sewer, still cursed. This is artificial difficulty at its worst. No save points, but auto-saving INSTANTLY if you accidentally press the attack button near an NPC? I wish I could return a game just for being such a waste of my time. This literally ruined my save. Frustrating me and making me not want to play your game =/= fun. This game should be SO epic with its loot system, interesting bosses and battles, and great level design. But instead they turned it into, "run 20 minutes, accidentally die to some peon enemy due to BS controls, or AI, or hidden trap doors or enemies or curses, poison, bleeding, etc..., do the same thing over again and learn from your mistake" like COD, but they added the "f*** you" of Morrowind's bad story design. To sink 20 hours into this character and now be screwed is not fun, no matter how you try to spin it. Add on the fact that I just can't make myself play for more than 2-3 hours at a time without quitting due to my outright frustration with how I seem to be making no progress, with the clunky movement and controls, and with the BS game design, and I would argue that I am not enjoying this game at all. I am trying to play without using guides or hints, and instead I am just missing shortcuts, good items, and trying to do levels out of order. It seems this game was designed for people who 1) will be using online guides for levels and optimizing characters 2) have ridiculous amounts of free time to just repeat the same level over and over again

Maybe I am not the target audience, but I am a serious and patient gamer who beat Demon's Souls, and has played the crap out of pretty much every genre of game, from tower defense to fps to sports. This game just doesn't cut it for me as far as enjoyment, fluidity and preciseness of movement controls, and meta-game design. Not to mention the complete lack of a story, even 14 hours in, and the way the game will purposely screws you and tries to make you frustrated, and it has very few redeeming qualities besides the item system and smithing system and combat.
#2Cvdf3Posted 4/8/2013 9:45:14 PM
take a break, get a Purging Stone from the Female Undead Merchant (buy 2 in case), try again

or quit

:)
---
A bladeless, thick mass of iron used for smashing.
#3zyrax2301Posted 4/8/2013 9:46:10 PM
C'mon, have a smoke brah
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4ZoosIVXXPosted 4/8/2013 9:46:59 PM
YOU ARE NOT A MAN
---
Widdly scuds
PSN:ZoosIVXX
#5zyrax2301Posted 4/8/2013 9:47:28 PM
And to add a plus side, you're really only 1-2 hours into the game.

20 hours to the depths, you srs?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6FoaloalPosted 4/8/2013 9:50:25 PM
Yeah you're right, this game is awful.
I mean, it's not like you could trade one of the cracked red eye orbs you can find for free in firelink to snuggly the crow for 2 purging stones. Of course, you clearly don't have the internet so you couldn't have googled that for yourself.

It's not like you could have just not thrown a firebomb at that npc.

It's not like you could have noticed your curse meter building up and moved at any point in the 5+ seconds it takes for it to build up.

And you're right, the controls are total "BS", I mean it's not like millions of other people had no issues adapting to them.

You're also right about the story design being in any way relateable to Morrowind's.

Finally, it is the game's fault you're frustrated. It not only forced you to play it, but it forced you to make all the decisions that led you here to post this topic.
#7ZezrsPosted 4/8/2013 9:50:28 PM
Kali Ma Shakti De
#8Worgen_FreemanPosted 4/8/2013 9:54:58 PM(edited)
I entered this topic expecting to snort derisively... but you had a good point. That does suck. Something like that never happened to me, and I'm lucky to be able to say that because I'd honestly feel exactly as you do if that had happened to me. Don't give up though, this game is honestly worth starting over on a new character. Maybe fix the build a little this time around? Idk, but I think you'll find that the game itself is worth the cut throat game design that has you so understandably irritated right now. Maybe just take a break from it atm (seriously, I totally understand how you'd feel).

****EDIT**** Oh, well, looks like you don't have to restart the game anyway. As someone already posted, you could get the purging stones from suggly the crow, which is a relatively low cost (unless you used your red cracked orbs), and is fairly easy to get to. I'll just leave it to you to google/youtube how to get to snuggly.

---
That is all.
#9R1masherPosted 4/8/2013 9:51:53 PM
What's in your head?
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#10Worgen_FreemanPosted 4/8/2013 10:04:23 PM
R1masher posted...
What's in your head?

ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOM BEH BEH BEEEEEHHH
---
That is all.