F*** this game

#91i2HoldWithFirePosted 4/10/2013 6:52:18 PM
Coontemptus posted...
Lutecat posted...
Coontemptus posted...
I guess this is just where you and I differ.

Ya, I guess so. Different game design philosophies and enjoyment of different things, or something!

I do have to say, though, that you don't have to look up an FAQ or anything to find out what mechanics do, in DkS at least.

I found out what different weapon enchantments did by... enchanting weapons and playing around with them. Same with scaling, I equipped different weapons and looked at how much their attack values increased when I upped different stats.

I found out what humanity did by trying to Reverse Hollowing at a bonfire and not being able to do it without humanity, realized that I only got invaded or saw summon signs while in human form... Found out what poise did by equipping pieces of armor with different poise values and seeing what difference it made in combat.

By the guy in the barrel I assume you mean the Pyromancer, but doesn't he only attack you if you hit him first? O_o

The Tiny Being's Ring is the one part I do agree with you on, though!

I meant more like the outright lies (scaling on some weapons that doesn't have scaling), and things that would be very difficult to figure out without a guide (snuggly).

I'd MUCH rather these things be hinted at in the game. A simple line of dialogue would be nice. Or a hint/clue that there is a way to the great hollow.

How did you figure out that you can only summon people +/-10 levels from yourself, +10%? Its virtually impossible to find out on your own.

Things like how to get the pyro in the swamp to spawn (I still haven't figured it out. I have a character who didn't see her until NG+3, and I have a level 30 sorc who just killed Quelaag with no pyro and she's sitting there when I came out).

Some things are just so cryptic and inaccessible they might as well not exist, unless you have a guide.

I hate using guides. I hate games that require you to use a guide to get the most out of them.

I should be able to learn how to play the game from playing the damn game. I should know how to get every achievement just by reading the achievement.

"Find all the rare weapons."

How about screw off with that level of detail. You can't possibly complete that without a guide.

And on another note: What the boss souls do and what things they can make. Did they expect you to just randomly make weapons and hope you figured out the right combination? Because everyone sits around with a +10 of each weapon?

Its painful, and I don't know what kind of thought process would drive people to include something like that in a game.

IMHO, you just described everything I love about this game. And I love it a little more that it pisses instant gratification craving children like yourselky off.
---
"Saying it's like Firefly is like saying you've just spotted the second coming of Christ"-Erupt50
#92CoontemptusPosted 4/10/2013 6:56:12 PM
i2HoldWithFire posted...
IMHO, you just described everything I love about this game. And I love it a little more that it pisses instant gratification craving children like yourselky off.

You like that the game lies to you, and that you can't complete the achievements without a guide?

You're quite the masochist. Also, I prefer games that can be completed without a guide, but if you love running to the internet to complete everything, more power to you.

Also, you apparently don't know what instant gratification means.

(Hint: Nothing in that post had anything to do with instant gratification)
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#93ProwlingDemonPosted 4/10/2013 7:09:17 PM
GotRads posted...
They should have put a merchant who sells Purging Stones somewhere near the beginning of the Depths entrance so that you at least had the option to stock up beforehand.

Oh wait...
#94LutecatPosted 4/10/2013 7:40:54 PM
Coontemptus posted...
You're quite the masochist. Also, I prefer games that can be completed without a guide, but if you love running to the internet to complete everything, more power to you.

Why do you keep saying that thing about requiring a guide? Perhaps you used one, but you definitely don't need to. I and many other people did not. Unless you count my having talked to a friend on the phone about the game once or twice and finding out about the Moonlight Butterfly horn from her as looking up a guide, I didn't do anything of the sort till NG++.
#95CoontemptusPosted 4/10/2013 7:42:59 PM
Lutecat posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Why do you keep saying that thing about requiring a guide? Perhaps you used one, but you definitely don't need to. I and many other people did not. Unless you count my having talked to a friend on the phone about the game once or twice and finding out about the Moonlight Butterfly horn from her as looking up a guide, I didn't do anything of the sort till NG++.

You did all the achievements without a guide? I'm pretty impressed then.

You're 1 in a million I bet.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#96LutecatPosted 4/10/2013 7:46:31 PM
Coontemptus posted...

Why? It's not hard. It just takes time.
#97CoontemptusPosted 4/10/2013 7:55:39 PM
Lutecat posted...
Coontemptus posted...

Why? It's not hard. It just takes time.

How did you know how to join the darkwraiths? Or even the sunbros, depending on your build?

What are the chances of you offering gywnn's soul to the sunbros, being in that covenant, and being a high enough level in that covenant to get his miracle for that achievement? Or the rare magic spells?

How did you know which weapons you needed?

Its pretty unbelievable that you did all that on your own without a guide. There are a ton of achievements in this game that are pretty hard to figure out just from reading the description and not getting any outside help.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#98LutecatPosted 4/10/2013 8:09:46 PM
Coontemptus posted...
<How did you know how to join the darkwraiths? Or even the sunbros, depending on your build?

What are the chances of you offering gywnn's soul to the sunbros, being in that covenant, and being a high enough level in that covenant to get his miracle for that achievement? Or the rare magic spells?

How did you know which weapons you needed?

Its pretty unbelievable that you did all that on your own without a guide. There are a ton of achievements in this game that are pretty hard to figure out just from reading the description and not getting any outside help.

Uh, I know your post is probably not comprised of real questions cause you're curious or anything, but okay, I'll answer I guess.

I joined the Darkwraiths because I was mucking about in the abyss and there was a giant snake there so I went "oh I'll talk to it" instead of just randomly ignoring it. I joined the Sunbros because Solaire asked me to...

I didn't get the sunspear until ~NG6, but there's basically nothing else to do with Gwyn's soul.

I got all the weapons I could find, and kept collecting until I got all of them.

Like I said, it's neither hard nor requires a guide, unless you want everything all at once right away.
#99TwistedMaestroPosted 4/10/2013 8:42:38 PM
lol he accidentally firebombed Oswald, that's something DSP would do.
#100dantedeschain13Posted 4/10/2013 8:43:34 PM
100 bump