Which one is harder, Dark Souls or Demon's Souls in your honest opinion

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Which one is harder, Dark Souls or Demon's Souls in your honest opinion
2 years ago#61
Never thought I could get this number of answers, I only made this topic to see which one is harder, The easier one will be the one I will buy lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, But now I'm confused on which one is harder.

If you get PSN plus you can try out that service and you get Demon's for aslong as you remain a member. Unless it's too late now. Not sure. But if it isn't, that would allow you plenty of time to play it and have other options if you don't like it.

Dark recently got a 'Megamule' released which means the lower levels are infested with people who will take near no damage and instantly kill you... even more so than it used to be.

I would suggest Demon's.
2 years ago#62
If you're just popping in the game and playing it without any kind of guide or outside information on items and what to do, in my opinion Demon's Souls is harder.
2 years ago#63
Biggest_Boss posted...
I think the harder game will be the one played first. Once you played one, the other will be easier since you know beforehand how to approach it.

I played DeS first and I still think Dark Souls is a lot harder. The infamous DeS bosses didn't give me half as trouble as the ones in Dark Souls, and even after going through the hell that was the Valley of Defilement, I think Blighttown is worse.
2 years ago#64
OrangeSchweese posted...
Dark Souls by a large margin. The enemies and bosses are much harder than in Demon's.

One thing I noticed about Demon's Souls is that, even though I beat it, I never truly learned how to play. Dark Souls forces you to do this in order to finish it.

Felt totally the opposite. Poise and heavy armour is too good in Dark Souls. You can cheese most boss fights with Iron Skin + Face tanking them with a 2h weapon. With Demon's Souls you actually have to dodge stuff, you can't facetank anything.

If you blocked your way through Demon's Souls then you probably didn't do NG+, and would have been annihilated by decent players on the 3-3 boss. I would have torn you apart anyway :P
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls
2 years ago#65
Cvdf3 posted...
pariah23 posted...
Not sure what you mean by that. It's not like you have to be good at parrying to beat the last boss; it just makes the fight go quicker.

Only the DLC fights in Dark Souls are on par with Demon's Souls' difficulty.

lol Demon's has one and a half bosses that are hard. Flamelurker and Maneaters (except you can stunlock the f*** out of them).

All the others are easy or complete gimmick fights.

Well, while this is true to an extent, the only difficult fight in Dark Souls is O&S. Everything else is extremely easy (except that damn tree boss where it's basically random deaths - hate that thing).
---
Playing: Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IX, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls
2 years ago#66
UnknownWin posted...
Never thought I could get this number of answers, I only made this topic to see which one is harder, The easier one will be the one I will buy lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, But now I'm confused on which one is harder.

You should buy Demon's Souls because it's better. But both are excellent.
---
2 years ago#67
Demon's Souls seems a bit more punishing.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Which one is harder, Dark Souls or Demon's Souls in your honest opinion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived